Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Temps are supposed to be pretty high today.

Going to go look at a phat bike that I found on the pinkbike, then will stroll over to the bike shop to attempt to purchase a Giant Revolt.

Might then attempt to actually ride a bike at the place that I hiked the other day. All the foot and fat bike traffic have packed the trails down and with little ice.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
coffee and ride. trails should be packed with headphone clad walkers and other bikes all going the wrong way.
it hasn't snowed in a while, but I'll probably go for a low tide ski tomorrow.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What was supposed to be a bro/bike weekend morphed into family vacation weekend. Ended up being go nowhere and clean house weekend...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike shop dude said that I should go for a ride, so I did. It was slow and horrible, but still nice to spin some wheels. Was also the first ride since North Carolina, so naturally I wore some Pisgah branded socks.

Oh and rode in tshirt and shorts today. That was awesome.

Looked at the fat bike this morning and it was nice, but I'm really questioning if I should get it..as the snow season will be over in a few weeks?

On the other hand, I'd use this way more... https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/revolt-1

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Bike shop dude said that I should go for a ride, so I did. It was slow and horrible, but still nice to spin some wheels. Was also the first ride since North Carolina, so naturally I wore some Pisgah branded socks.

Oh and rode in tshirt and shorts today. That was awesome.

Looked at the fat bike this morning and it was nice, but I'm really questioning if I should get it..as the snow season will be over in a few weeks?

On the other hand, I'd use this way more... https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/revolt-1
Screw the Fat bike, save yer bucks for another Pisgah trip.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Work was not interesting so I skipped out at 1 and went to the bike ship and bought tires I may or may not need later this year. Another Butcher / Slaughter combination for the hard tail as I was very happy with them on the GT. Also a pair of Fast Traks because hardtail mostly = XC. Might also get new tires for the Giggle Pig although the Nobby Nics seem fine.

Anyone want a slightly used (300 miles, all dirt) Racing Ralphs 650 EVO TLR 3 IN 2.2"? No tears or missing knobs. Sharp tread, no rounding. You pay shipping. PM me.

View media item 3107View media item 3106

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WOW! HI! I exercised today:

I did the annual "Raffle Run" that my triathlon club does where you get a ticket for every half mile you complete within the 40 minute time limit. I did 11 laps, and I won no prizes. I was the only person not to win something. Fuck my life!! They gave me a pity hat though that has the club logo on it, which is the item I wanted in the first place.

Got home and took the tri bike out for 24 easy miles. "Easy" equaled 19.3 mph. It would appear all the suffering on the trainer this winter is helping.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Trail bike still wasn't up and running so wife and I hit the road, 58 miles with 6250ft of vert.

Destroyed the protein/ice-cream/peanut butter shake I made when I got home. Burgers at Atomic coming up momentarily.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy hell ride Batman

First 10 miles was a blast, rolling hills no wind scattered clouds, then someone turned on the wind machine once I got out into the open grass lands. I ground out 10 miles in a 39x23 on the drops into that wind, I could barely hold 8 mph on flat ground. the last ten miles were cross winds, still coming into my face. I had to lean the bike over into it to hold my line and stay upright. Oh man thankfully I was wearing neoprene booties, tights,a Goretex wind shell, and thin beanie as the wind chill left my face numb. I was going to do 40 but cut it to 30 which now post ride was the correct decision.

time to fire up the BBQ

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Holy hell ride Batman

First 10 miles was a blast, rolling hills no wind scattered clouds, then someone turned on the wind machine once I got out into the open grass lands. I ground out 10 miles in a 39x23 on the drops into that wind, I could barely hold 8 mph on flat ground. the last ten miles were cross winds, still coming into my face. I had to lean the bike over into it to hold my line and stay upright. Oh man thankfully I was wearing neoprene booties, tights,a Goretex wind shell, and thin beanie as the wind chill left my face numb. I was going to do 40 but cut it to 30 which now post ride was the correct decision.

time to fire up the BBQ
See that wouldn't happen if were still fat.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So I went by my grandmas old house. It was warm out. Kids and Old folks sitting on their porches. They all know me. I stop by now and then. Tried to take a picture of my Grandmas house with the phone. Got in a tussle. No big deal. Kids scared the fuck out of me. No respect or manners. Have to remember to stay in my car from now on. Had some Lanova's and Freddie J's. Walked down Grant Street for shit and giggles. What a dump. They have a store that sells Human hair? You walk in and you can buy Human hair for $20 a lb. Bushel baskets full of different colors and shit.