Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So when I started working out a couple of weeks ago I managed to tweak a muscle in my ribs. I took a week off and things were getting better, but last night as I was standing around talking with a neighbour, I sneezed and felt something rip in my ribs. It's fucking excruciating. I can barely breathe, and finding a position I could sleep in was challenging to say the least.

I'm torn between going to the doctors to get pain meds, or self medicating in the bong shed...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Getting an oil change at the Subaru shop today. It's a love/hate relationship, so many cool cars in there and it makes me want one every time I go. :(

And then trails.

So when I started working out a couple of weeks ago I managed to tweak a muscle in my ribs. I took a week off and things were getting better, but last night as I was standing around talking with a neighbour, I sneezed and felt something rip in my ribs. It's fucking excruciating. I can barely breathe, and finding a position I could sleep in was challenging to say the least.

I'm torn between going to the doctors to get pain meds, or self medicating in the bong shed...
Can't you go to the doctors and get a bong shed prescription? Win win.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
We hiked in Chaco Canyon and made it back to Albuquerque. New Mexico Route 57 is a treat. The canyon was impressive. Now I have to read up on Chaco culture.

Bikes are packed and we have a slack day prior to flying out tomorrow morning.
go hang in santa fe for the day? or maybe you're tired of driving....

chill day. mother- and brother- in law both coming into town this afternoon. mmmm coffee.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Watched the girls play this morning and off to ride in perhaps an hour. I think I'm dragging my next door neighbor along.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! Got out early this morning for 52 miles on the tri bike before Mother Nature unloads her fury on us. 45 degrees...I got a half mile into my ride and had to go back home and put more layers on. I should have put shoe covers on. My feet froze. June is in two fucking weeks! :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
FFS. Just pulled up to the trail head and there is apparently an 8 hour xc race today.

Looks like we'll be poaching part of the course and dodging Lycra clad clowns. :monkey:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Landlord drama seems to be finally resolved after weeks of angry emails. It seemed that they were willing to give no quarter. Minds changed after I reported that someone with a key entered the house twice the previous week with out my permission or notice. I noticed two days in a row that the doorknob on the front door was locked, I only ever lock the deadbolt. I assume the owners wanted to make sure I wasn't trashing the place while we were arguing. Good intentions aside, still very illegal. They have informed me I only owe rent up to the day I gave notice and I will be getting my full security deposit back.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bike ride with wife ended at the ER. Wet water bar took her out :(

Big facial cut and 16 stitches.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

That sucks. I offer her a waving kitty to cheer her up:

I rode Mountain Lion again. A million hikers out. Bottom lot had 19 cars and one motorcycle... (some of that was overflow from a wedding across the street, though)

Tiny bit of mud here and there by the creek, and a few inches of water on the trail for about 20 feet by the creek at the big rock garden that I fell at a few weeks ago. Overall great conditions.

No speed records and no blood lost. I'll take that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Make sure to get behind them while they creep downhill and talk a lot, they really like that.
Didn't even have to.

The race was being held in a different section of the forest and in a private parking spot. Buddy and myself were the ONLY ones out there. Not even any horse riders. Dirt conditions were AMAZEBALLS; we're talking that it had sprinkle d rain earlier, so the dirt looked wet but really wasn't, perfect for letting the side knobs do the heavy work. Not a single lycra suit to be seen.

Yikes, thats not fun. Healing vibes!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went to the doctor to get a painkiller to help with the pain so I can sleep. So he gives me Tylenol 3. I just read the label. That shit has caffeine in it. Side effects include trouble sleeping. Wtf?! Why did he give something that hinders sleep when I specifically asked for something to help with sleep?! Gah!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went to the doctor to get a painkiller to help with the pain so I can sleep. So he gives me Tylenol 3. I just read the label. That shit has caffeine in it. Side effects include trouble sleeping. Wtf?! Why did he give something that hinders sleep when I specifically asked for something to help with sleep?! Gah!
Just pop 3 ibuprofens and you'll be sleeping like a baby.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just pop 3 ibuprofens and you'll be sleeping like a baby.
Crying and shitting your pants?

I'm open to some heavy solutions. Another round of antibiotics and still pissing blood. The fiery cramping that goes with it makes sleeping a chore. I'd drink heavily if it'd stay in me long enough to be effective.

...worst part of this is that I feel relatively fine during the work week days. Nothing like feeling awful on my own time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Melatonin is otc. Just saying

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Crying and shitting your pants?

I'm open to some heavy solutions. Another round of antibiotics and still pissing blood. The fiery cramping that goes with it makes sleeping a chore. I'd drink heavily if it'd stay in me long enough to be effective.

...worst part of this is that I feel relatively fine during the work week days. Nothing like feeling awful on my own time.
I misread your thread the other day, I thought your were feeling powerful in the Gwar sense or maybe Spinal Tap. Actually pissing blood doesn't seem that cool.