Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bike ride with wife ended at the ER. Wet water bar took her out :(

Big facial cut and 16 stitches.
Understatement of the decade, dude. What the hell did she hit? It's so prefect that you have to wonder if she took the rotor? Or was it just an Apex rock?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Understatement of the decade, dude. What the hell did she hit? It's so prefect that you have to wonder if she took the rotor? Or was it just an Apex rock?
Good call on maybe rotor, I was wondering brake lever...

After the gut/rock chute the trail was running water down before that little up and over rock section. I didn't see it happen as I was in front. But we think her front wheel just caught the wet wooden water bar and put her down. She doesn't know what her face hit, but it's such a clean hit I don't think it was rock. It's like a sharp knife cut not jagged at all.

Tough seeing your best friend/wife bleeding like that. She wanted to carry on riding, I had to persuade her we needed to seek medical attention - hard to do when you're an hour of climbing away from home! Thankfully phone a friend to a neighbor worked.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good call on maybe rotor, I was wondering brake lever...

After the gut/rock chute the trail was running water down before that little up and over rock section. I didn't see it happen as I was in front. But we think her front wheel just caught the wet wooden water bar and put her down. She doesn't know what her face hit, but it's such a clean hit I don't think it was rock. It's like a sharp knife cut not jagged at all.

Tough seeing your best friend/wife bleeding like that. She wanted to carry on riding, I had to persuade her we needed to seek medical attention - hard to do when you're an hour of climbing away from home! Thankfully phone a friend to a neighbor worked.
I assume most people would come running in response to massive facial bleeding.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Tylenol 3 + bongshed. Just sayin'...
If it weren't so complicated to acquire, I'd have done that. (this isn't Colorado. Yet)
Have the melatonin, I find that all not does Is make it hard to wake up in the morning. Took ibuprofen and acetaminophen. It seems to work.

@6thElement, sorry to hear that. I hope the gash isn't too deep and won't lead to permanent scarring... Sounds grisly.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Burnt the Pork Chops and the potatoes.

Girl says to me. I heard you were a good cook. To be honest you suck.

Last edited: