Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Swim with Haley this morning. All of the parts for my Yeti have arrived, so it will be getting reassembled today. Haley wants to ride amd go fishing this weekend. That's the extent of my weekend.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Coffee + raisin bran = epic pooping.
I had an amazing poop the other day. Had to clean the toilet right afterwards. Mariko was impressed with it--she wanted to see it. Jessica was not so impressed by the tale. Go figure.

Here. Swim with Haley this morning. All of the parts for my Yeti have arrived, so it will be getting reassembled today. Haley wants to ride amd go fishing this weekend. That's the extent of my weekend.
Sat or Sunday work better to ride next weekend? :D On Saturday Jessica's doing a barre class so I can't get to a trailhead until around 10 AM, if that changes things.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure what you're supposed to do at the weekend when there's still 15" of snow stopping trail riding...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
drink beer and finish your DH bike, then shuttle a rocky trail that will surely be almost empty? :brows:
DH bike is finished, swapped the rear hose and bled it last weekend
Bonus is the wheels now seem to be holding air.:banana:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nice. I have to re-tape my wheels.
Is there really that much snow up there? Do you think we could pull laps down the gut??
There's probably still at least 15" on the ground here where it hasn't been plowed or on our patio furniture etc.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Dia Compe headset in my Townie is effed up. Cups are scoured so bad that nothing can be done. Bottom cup came out by hand. The race won't budge however. It appears that damage has not affected the steerer tube. New headset and required tools have been secured. I and only I will be facing it. It failed after I jumped a curb cut on the way home from the bongshed. When I landed it failed and I could no longer turn the handlebars.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello Monkies. I have a lot of stuff I should do around the house but... light rain last night so most of the trails should be in good condition. I pounded out a lot of agression and bad attitude on last night's ride but there still seems to be a fair amount left.

Also had my first mechanical of the year which initially flipped me out as I was climbing hard, down shifted to nothing, stalled and nearly flipped backwards before regaining control. Made a lot of gear crunching racket but just turned out that the cable clamp on the derailleur came loose at an inopportune time.

I mostly ride locally without back pack, tools, tubes or pump. For some reason I grabbed the backpack yesterday and it came in handy.

Such is another tale in my exciting life... I should ride and get my ass kicked by someone in spandex.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Busy figuring out how to route three midi controllers (Push, Maschine, and Beatstep) into an Ableton Live Host session running two Reaktor 6 VST channels, and a nested Maschine session which is hosting/controlling another Reaktor VST. There are a lot of factors to juggle, but it seems to have work.
IMG_8861.JPG

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. 1:32:37 in my hilly as fuck half marathon this morning. 10th place overall and 2nd in my age group, the latter of which won me a pint glass. My last half marathon was flat but hot and I was five minutes faster today. It would appear heat slows me down more than hills, though the hills wreck my legs. I'm in a fair bit of pain and discomfort right now. I ran a good race.....good times. :rockout:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
motivated. went and rode local trail. burped the crap outta my rear tire on the jumpline 3 miles in. walked out. returned home for beer. second time in a row this has happened at this trail. i need to a.) check my tire pressure more carefully before riding and b.) consider strapping a co2 to my bike somewhere for when i'm local without a pack...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Late last night both my headlights went out and I had to drive home with the brights on. Yeah, I was "that guy ".

AdvanceAuto had a 25 percent off coupon so I got some bulbs, wiper blades and OEM spark plugs. Dealer wanted $90 just for the plugs and $60 for labor. I got 4 plugs for $30 and it took all of 20 minutes.

After that I was wiped out and too freaking tired to ride. This is really getting old. Haven't ridden in two weeks.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Went for an evening ride with the pup. She was well pleased and I had enough loose moments to make pedaling in the heat worth it. Amazing how smashing a few corners makes everything better. Need to water down the pump track after this beer....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Want to come help me rebuild the Yeti and mostly build the ht [insert @jonKranked here]? I have beer and a 5 y/o to amuse you.
Went for 30 miles of dirt roads and road climbs which hurt after two weeks of fa. If you're still short of tools lmk.