Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I had a robust morning poop after riding into work in my full high-viz outfit (now including booties!). My work here is done.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Working today., moved to a new bay in the shop. Sucks as its far away from the toilet, good because it's well hidden from the customer camera view.

Nothing makes one realize that they are nothing more than a cog in the big machine than being in a box under constant supervision....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
45F and rainy here today. Another indoor day with the kids making a mess of the house and going crazy. The weather is yoyo-ing lately so it was time to change the car tires.. Given that it's raining, I drove to my indoor garage at work... Is it ever nice to change tires in a warm, dry environment and on a smooth concrete surface. 8/10 will bang again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
One of my friends just pumped gas next to Gates McFadden.

Nerd achievement unlocked.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
up until 1:30 with 12yo in ER for asthma flare up that wouldn’t quit yesterday. chill hike in duke forest this AM. heading back to charlotte in a few... i hope @jackalope and @SuboptimusPrime and @roflbox got their shred on ‘cause it was effing primo here today.
Sick kids are no bueno. Hope all is well now. Take some small comfort that many Fall shreds were had according to your wishes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Finally got some winter riding pants. Also snagged a pair of knicker bibs for half off. New kitchen faucet installed. Both kids seem to be feeling better already.

Rewarding myself with beer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know when your spouse (or significant other) really wants to help you do something that seems simple enough, however they have no idea how to do it? So I've been painting the house for the last week. Wifey is getting impatient and insisting that she can help, so I finally let her help me do some edging around a few windows with small roller fill in between.

In the time I did about 10ft of edge and appropriate fill, she did about 50ft. She was covered in paint, there was paint all over the drop cloth (preventing easy movement off said drop cloth because she's in socks despite me specifically telling her to be in shoes), and the edges are a clusterfuck. There are huge running drips everywhere. The roller sections she did were pushed so hard that she ran out of paint, proceeded to reload then move on - no overlap or correction. Best part? "I'm not sure what is taking so long. This was pretty easy."

If she wasn't 8 month pregnant I would have put her up on the 28ft ladder...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
You know when your spouse (or significant other) really wants to help you do something that seems simple enough, however they have no idea how to do it? So I've been painting the house for the last week. Wifey is getting impatient and insisting that she can help, so I finally let her help me do some edging around a few windows with small roller fill in between.

In the time I did about 10ft of edge and appropriate fill, she did about 50ft. She was covered in paint, there was paint all over the drop cloth (preventing easy movement off said drop cloth because she's in socks despite me specifically telling her to be in shoes), and the edges are a clusterfuck. There are huge running drips everywhere. The roller sections she did were pushed so hard that she ran out of paint, proceeded to reload then move on - no overlap or correction. Best part? "I'm not sure what is taking so long. This was pretty easy."

She's clearly willing to settle for mediocrity.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

does she need glasses?