Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It's 24F outside and freezing rain. Gonna change to just rain around noon time so I shall ride on nice frozen trails before that happens. Bakery run now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I do not like the MIL’s creaky, cold, noisy house. The wife does not like me complaining about it. Hmph.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Will try to not fall off the bike today.

Sprained knuckles are still giving me grief. My ligaments suck.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
35* outside. The trip to the mountains got canceled. Stuff hit the fan at the wifes work and she has to get people to get their shit together on the year end financial stuff for 3 countries....

I'm going riding once it warms up a bit

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Here.

Working today.... Pretty cold morning in the Okanagan, RamVan makes little to no heat, even with the cardboard grille....

Meh, coffee and doughnuts will have to tide me over...
Sounds like the thermostat needs a good smack with a hammer.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nick, is it even worth skiing this week or next given the sorry snow state? Aspen has the deepest snowpack today, at a sad 35”... I’m wondering if I should do my electric driving experiment on Dec 31 instead of dealing with crowds and bare runs alike.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
You guys and your 24f plus temps...... It's 9f here this morning, and looks like we got about 15-18 in the yard from this last storm. I'm going back to sleep as I have to work tonight. Deciding if I should brave the morning for a quick run in the powder, or wait so I can get further past my cold.....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Nick, is it even worth skiing this week or next given the sorry snow state? Aspen has the deepest snowpack today, at a sad 35”... I’m wondering if I should do my electric driving experiment on Dec 31 instead of dealing with crowds and bare runs alike.
Mediocre day skiing > great day couch-ing ?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Honestly, your electric driving experiment is high risk at best on any kind of busy weekend. The time to try it is during these conditions not on a holiday weekend. It might be something to do for summer when the risk of traffic backup is low, but during winter when traffic backup is high... those just aren't good odds. It's why you don't see many Tesla's up there, unless you know you have guaranteed access to charging you are really pushing your luck on the round trip. Even one way with charging if there is a tunnel or Floyd Hill backup.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You know the weather sucks when even your helmut develops frozen snot. We have "only" 28F but with full-on rain that soaks clothes and snow and freezes on solid surfaces. I am done after having endured 10 miles in this lovely mess.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Also im pretty sure that mary must have been a hermaphrodite and impregnated herself with jesus. NTTAWWT. A bright light told me that last night. could have been the girlfriend with a flashlight. Joseph had a shed that mary used as a whack shack. He was pissed yet responsible some how.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dead meadow tickets have arrived.....

plane ticket for glacier trip bought....

ticket for sleep aquired....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
@Toshi has become a powder snob.

I've only been up twice and though there is not MUCH snow, quality was quite good and I managed to have fun.
I’m not so much worried about the quality, as it’s not spring and 45 degrees, but more so about whether there’s enough coverage at all.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Honestly, your electric driving experiment is high risk at best on any kind of busy weekend. The time to try it is during these conditions not on a holiday weekend. It might be something to do for summer when the risk of traffic backup is low, but during winter when traffic backup is high... those just aren't good odds. It's why you don't see many Tesla's up there, unless you know you have guaranteed access to charging you are really pushing your luck on the round trip. Even one way with charging if there is a tunnel or Floyd Hill backup.
Holiday weekend == less time waiting for roadside assistance? :D