Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Making coffee. I'm a bit stiff, did another 45 minute run last night. I was going to go for a ride but we are socked in with fog so I think I will wait until it burns off. The idea of riding in 45* with fog and drizzle is not appealing at this point.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Part-time vegan diet is going pretty well. Been doing 3 small vegan meals one meal a day of chicken, to get my protein higher, since I can’t handle powder supplements (they make me piss way too much, though I’m not 100% sure why, but I have some ideas).

Looked at my 2017 year of finances, and it turns out I socked away a few more ducats than I expected. I guess being sick and not traveling at all last year had some benefits. Maybe I’ll go down to the monocle store and see about an upgrade.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode the fat bikes with some buddies. Hiked up a ridge and attempted to ride down one of the "DH" trails; would have been ok if there hadn't only been one snowshoer post holing down. Had a blast nonetheless.

Oh yeah it's balls cold. Weather dude says it was -13F.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning! I ran 6.4 miles at the suddenly clear high school track (thanks, warmth and rain) and did an hour workout on the bike trainer. I am six episodes into Westworld. I don't watch a lot of TV shows, but this one has sucked me and I can't wait for my next workout to watch another one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
'Morning! I ran 6.4 miles at the suddenly clear high school track (thanks, warmth and rain) and did an hour workout on the bike trainer. I am six episodes into Westworld. I don't watch a lot of TV shows, but this one has sucked me and I can't wait for my next workout to watch another one.
Westworld is really good.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It does make sense. One example is Ridgeline in DuPont; a trail that, to a biker, is obviously meant to be ridden in one direction. And it's fast as fack. But, its also a super easy trail to ride, hike or bring a horse up. First time I rode it, we came across two horses on the trail. Given how horses react and the nature of that trail, it blows my mind that anyone would even risk riding a horse up it...but maybe that's another topic all together. That's one reason I like Pisgah. Some of the hiking stuff I saw, I would not want to ride. And other areas are just natural rough trails. Generally won't find anyone out there where they aren't supposed to be. Which is the complete opposite of the 95% unmarked and dumbed down trails up here.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
18.4 mile group ride today, i determined in need to invest in padded shorts. Even with a brand new gel saddle, it started to hurt. One guy broke his chain, pretty sure he cross loaded it as he was riding a rental 3x. High of 78freedom units so most of the ride was great weather, the first hour was cold. Aquiring furniture as the roommate will be taking most of the living and dining room furniture. Cant wait to replace with the damn glass table, a nice antique oak table may be replacing it if the person selling responds.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
18.4 mile group ride today, i determined in need to invest in padded shorts. Even with a brand new gel saddle, it started to hurt. One guy broke his chain, pretty sure he cross loaded it as he was riding a rental 3x. High of 78freedom units so most of the ride was great weather, the first hour was cold. Aquiring furniture as the roommate will be taking most of the living and dining room furniture. Cant wait to replace with the damn glass table, a nice antique oak table may be replacing it if the person selling responds.
Yeah man, any kind of long ride like that, that isn't DH or otherwise standing up the entire time, butt pad is where its at.

You can just buy the arse pad separately and wear them under any shorts of your choosing. They're usually a little higher quality that way too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meh. tried teh chamois once. hated it. boxers and cargos for me for decades...to each their own, i guess.

i also like the way that “Freedom Units” abbreviates to “FUs”

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dilemma next weekend....see HR in wilmington or sleep in birmingham....

might err to HR...not long for this world...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
meh. tried teh chamois once. hated it. boxers and cargos for me for decades...to each their own, i guess.

i also like the way that “Freedom Units” abbreviates to “FUs”
For shorter rides or rides with lots of flow or "DH", I too like to just not wear them. But those long rides on consecutive days, my ass thanks me.:busted:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Yeah man, any kind of long ride like that, that isn't DH or otherwise standing up the entire time, butt pad is where its at.

You can just buy the arse pad separately and wear them under any shorts of your choosing. They're usually a little higher quality that way too.
Are these them?
https://www.amazon.com/HelloTem-Seamless-Enhancer-Panties-Underwear/dp/B015SQ39L2/ref=pd_sim_193_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B015SQ39L2&pd_rd_r=T2V7ANPJJZX57TR7KMGJ&pd_rd_w=mJNdF&pd_rd_wg=9GrXY&refRID=T2V7ANPJJZX57TR7KMGJ

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Part-time vegan diet is going pretty well. Been doing 3 small vegan meals one meal a day of chicken, to get my protein higher, since I can’t handle powder supplements (they make me piss way too much, though I’m not 100% sure why, but I have some ideas).

Looked at my 2017 year of finances, and it turns out I socked away a few more ducats than I expected. I guess being sick and not traveling at all last year had some benefits. Maybe I’ll go down to the monocle store and see about an upgrade.

I suspect protein powder is so concentrated and easily digested that your body can't use it and you end up just pissing it out. Real food takes time to digest.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Very spirited conversation about NN and Title 2 with my Trump supporter dad today. Got him to admit that Comcast et al do not provide anything but product delivery. Once he stated that I asked him to define NN and T2 for me, which he couldn't, he just Fox ranted. I laid out he described the exact reason why T2 is important. Angry shouting about any kind of govt regulations being bad then my mom telling him to leave. Cognitive dissonance is real.

Hung some cafe lights today and accidentally got the M sideways. That's the summary of my day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Very spirited conversation about NN and Title 2 with my Trump supporter dad today. Got him to admit that Comcast et al do not provide anything but product delivery. Once he stated that I asked him to define NN and T2 for me, which he couldn't, he just Fox ranted. I laid out he described the exact reason why T2 is important. Angry shouting about any kind of govt regulations being bad then my mom telling him to leave. Cognitive dissonance is real.

Hung some cafe lights today and accidentally got the M sideways. That's the summary of my day.
Next time just shank him.