Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Apparently some asshole decided I'm in charge today, so I'm up even earlier than normal, which is fine because I wasn't sleeping anyway. Freezing fog out there, supposed to not be a very nice day to be outside. *le sigh*

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my friend is taking amtrak from oregon to DC.....have a feeling the outcome will be like clint eastwoods new movie...

EDIT: has already been threatened with ejection...

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
12 freedum units outside, seems fine to go for a ride...

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
12 freedum units outside, seems fine to go for a ride...
You're broken. Just a head's up.

Watching the Olympics and building circuits (Snap Circuits Jr.) with Haley. More so helping her when she gets stuck. She has decided that she will be going but hasn't decided if it will be for downhill or slopestyle yet. "Uncle Nick will teach me to go fast." No pressure dude. She got upset that she couldn't watch Lindsey Vonn this morning as well.

Not looking forward to changing the oil because it's 16* and I can't close the garage door with the car in it currently. Giddy.

Get to stop and rent some boots so I can go skiing tomorrow. Hilarity will likely ensue, but with Haley's want to ski all the time now, I need to be skiing too, so there we go.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It's snowing... i brought both the fat bike and Altai Hok skis out. I think I'll dork around on the skis first.

Luckily there is no one here to watch me on them.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Kick ass Mt Bike ride. 17.58 miles with a ride time of 2:06 and almost 3000 feet of climbing. This is also the first time I have made the climb up the to the top of Del Valle overlook from the base of the dam without having to get off the bike and I just spun up it with ease. The single tracks were a bit hard and dry but I was having a total blast whipping down them.

the first big climb on the dork logger is to the top of the overlook

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
14 mile run today and finished just before the rain started to dump. I really didn't want to run but I am glad I got it done. Now I don't have to do it tomorrow. Got almost no sleep last night because the dog was whining, panting, and restless all night and she was limping. I took her to the vet today and she hurt her back. The vet was checking her out and the dog went "YELP!!" when the vet hit the problem spot. So, dog drugs and rest. Rest, for the dog that sleeps 20 hours a day. I feel fortunate to have escaped the vet with only a hundred dollar tab.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Altai Hoks + Shed = Fun

....maybe a wipeout or two. The powder is stacking up out there. I don't know if fat biking will be in store for a few days around here. If we had 4-5 dudes on these skis, the trails would be perfect. It was a beauty day out there though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like you guys are having way more fun than me. The stomach bug that the rest of my family had finally got me. Woke up with a case of butt piss and spent a good portion of the day asleep. Feeling better now but will still probably take it easy tomorrow

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Shoveled the block out twice today, jumped on trampolines at Spider Monkey, ate at my favorite Thai place, and performing in a concert tonight at the Lakewood Cultural Center. Tomorrow afternoon in HR.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Looks like you guys are having way more fun than me. The stomach bug that the rest of my family had finally got me. Woke up with a case of butt piss and spent a good portion of the day asleep. Feeling better now but will still probably take it easy tomorrow
Well that's shitty.

Do tell more about that macaroni you posted yesterday.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just rope towed Haley up hill for the last hour on the hills by our house. The best slope was the traverse across the sidewalk (which still has 4" on it) so she decided to start jumping off the back side. She got a laugh out of a guy walking his dog. She was ready to go and instead of asking if it was clear, she just called out in question form "send it?".

She's a whiner though... "this hill is too small. Can we find a bigger one?"

@Nick What did you do? Most kids want to sled when it snows at their house. Now that she has skis, Haley wants to go find a hill big enough to ski. I think I need to get a water ski tow rope...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
18th Anniversay dinner tonight with Ruth at the Zephyr Bar and Grill. It was excellent,

Ruth had the Pasta Piacere:
Fusilli pasta tossed in a creamy Gorgonzola sauce topped with a petite filet mignon. Garnished with sun dried tomatoes, gorgonzola crumble & drizzled with balsamic glaze.

I had the Salmon Wellington:
Filet of seasonal wild salmon with a pistachio pesto mushroom Duxelle wrapped in puff pastry. Served with sautéed spinach & corn cilantro mashed potatoes.

We shared the Blueberry Cheesecake for Dessert
Baked with a sour cream and sugar topping. Served with fresh whipped cream

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It’s 15 out. Local car wash to which I have a subscription is supposedly closed at below 20. It was open.

Winning. (The car was filthy from a day or two of snow and resulting sanded roads, etc.)