Quantcast

Saturn's deep day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Eoy BBQ for the Jr and kid kart families today. The family putting it on is making home-made Korean BBQ, which I'm looking forward to.

Talked with the shop owner some yesterday. Haley's gonna be doing a lot of off-season driving. They're going to be doing a lot of team practices throughout the winter and he is expecting her to be there for them.

He also wants to do tuning for her clutch based on the individual tracks and her driving style. So getting more into the kart/performance tuning, in addition to her individual training/practice. She still has a lot to learn, but when we start working on the kart for added performance, that means there is viable time to be found there. She's getting better quickly.

She really wants a team kit and really wants to be registering podiums, so seat time it is.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of amazing weather, we got that 4" of rain they promised yesterday and it hasn't stopped. It's supposed to clear out in the next couple of hours. In the meantime, I got the weekly grocery reload done. I love hitting the stores early.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:dead:

Slept in new place. Poorly, but we managed it. Made shockingly good progress on the move yesterday. Probably got 90% of the boxes moved between 1and 7 yesterday afternoon. Uhaul to move the big stuff today. If pace continues we should be totally transferred by this afternoon.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My left rear blinker is fucked again. It seems there is likely a short under the dash somewhere. What's odd is the fuse is good. I am hoping to take Frita on a test drive today. It's sunny all weekend, so it should be good. I haven't taken her anywhere but the shop 12 miles away. I need to do a check then a shakedown drive of maybe 100 miles or so? I am nervous, but I really shouldn't be.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, for some unexplainable reason, my e-mtb posse are 20 year veteran ski patrollers at Jackson Hole. We have to go 'patrol' the awesome, technical, off-limits uphill (and downhill) hiking trails at the resort. Janky, raw, and 4000 vert. BRB

(Resort is closed, fwiw).

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
spending the morning cleaning up the kitchen from making the Chili Verde dinner last nigh so that I can mess it up again baking sourdough bread tonight.

Light rain and windy with temps in the low 60s. So fleece top and shorts weather. Dinner tonight with some of Ruth's friends. I have no fucking idea where we are going. I know she told me but I was in yes dear mode and it went in one ear and out the other

:wave:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
New brake pads on the city bike plus wheels and tires so it ride fresh. Then son's soccer game where they won 7-0 and he scored a good goal too from the distance. It turned into normal fall so I was freeze at the end. Then was about to leave for mtb and my riding buddy canceled as he had just taken a spill skateboarding. Did a quick road ride in stead. Then finished the day off watching the Snowshoe DH finals #notabadsaturday

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: got up early to ride with the lady, her kids and their friends and Dads. 3 outta 3 kids with spectacular crashes.
HOA meeting in a few hours, then off to a party. Riding somewhere tomorrow, TBD I guess.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Whoever wants to "expand" the sport of MTB can FO. Hadn't been to Trestle since August due to other stuff going on. One of my favourite trails has been rebuilt into a big lippy jump line. I'm not a jumper at all, but the old version was lots of small tables that you could take at mach chicken without fear of being bucked or having it go wrong. Not any longer. They also keep trying to almost pave every trail. I'd like some black diamond tech please. They'd ruined the bottom half of one of my other favourites earlier this summer by paving it into big bermed nonsense.

Trails were also full of joeys, stopped on trails or blocking trail entrances.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sorry @6thElement - c'mon out to snowshoe or massanutten...still plenty of janky tech!

spent the day helping my dad: dump run, major pruning, getting mom's desk from back from memory care to home as they've moved her to a smaller room due to hospice care. poor thing's in rough shape. can barely move, eat, talk, etc. tough to see but the place she is takes really good care of her. still, alzheimers can eff right off.

chilling on the porch with a beer. nice and calm here now that summer's over. will probably take pops out to dinner in a bit.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
sorry @6thElement
spent the day helping my dad: dump run, major pruning, getting mom's desk from back from memory care to home as they've moved her to a smaller room due to hospice care. poor thing's in rough shape. can barely move, eat, talk, etc. tough to see but the place she is takes really good care of her. still, alzheimers can eff right off
The son of one of my neighbors packed up her studio last week as she has Dementia and can no longer make art. One of my former teachers and world renown smith has Dementia as well. I'm sorry about your mom. Alzheimer's can go drive off a cliff with Cancer in the passenger seat.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent the afternoon running an aid station for the local century ride/race. Always a fun time. This year we had sling shots. The road base was full of perfectly round marble sized rocks.

20230930_143051.jpg