Quantcast

Save The Fix Jumps

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
For those who havent heard, the jumps at The Fix are now under threat of demolition if the lot on which they are built is not rezoned. Unfortunately, getting the lot rezoned is an expensive proposition. In order to help raise the money needed, the guys at the Fix will be holding yet another Fix Jump Jam this sunday. If you came to the last one you already know what a blast it is. If you didn't, there will be food on the grill, shwag, great riding and great company. And for this one, Brian Lopes is coming out to hang and ride. Donations to save the jumps will be much appreciated and anyone who donates 50 dollars or more will get a free Synopsis DVD. So come check it out, do some riding, eat some food, and help save our jumps.

Phil Wheeler

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
yeah, I'm going to go just to be a carrier for Brian Lopez...you know, he needs to be carried back to the start of the jump line, he's like Prince or P-Ditty...everybody knows he doesn't push his bike back to the top of the jump line...

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
oh fudge yessss, i have to work! how long will this be going on, i get off at 6. i want a copy of synopsis like tyrone biggums wants another rock. also brian lopes is a nice touch. i doubt he will remember me... "hey brian! remember me? i was that goofy trials rider you sat next to on the plane out to worlds!".... "uh.... no."

Romeo

Chimp
May 20, 2002
Lopes will be there from 1 to about 5, then he has to hit the airport.

Synopsis will go off after dark.

ALSO, we'll be signing copies of the book Mastering Mountain Bike Skills

-- Lee dot com

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
god i hate f'n lopes such a cocky ass hole (no im not going into the story but anyone who treats his fans like i saw him do, esp the younger ones, deserves castration)

wish i could make it though and throw dow n straight c town style

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
OH, NO!!! i hope we can raise enough. we need a crapload of donations, unless sinclair wants to chip in some more...
i'll be there and photograph. now that i have my own darkroom i can prob. get some prints to tha fix to put on the wall. i'll donate too. :thumb:

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
mmmmm synopsis. Solid vid... my copy came today!!!! I should be there though. Don't have much money to throw down. Actually might not make it on the gas tank up there but I'll see what I can come up with.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
DHblur said:
mmmmm synopsis. Solid vid... my copy came today!!!! I should be there though. Don't have much money to throw down. Actually might not make it on the gas tank up there but I'll see what I can come up with.
My checking acount went negative the other day. I had to dip into the DH bike fund so I can eat. :angry:

Who wants to buy my road bike so I can eat some more?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
TheInedibleHulk said:
My checking acount went negative the other day. I had to dip into the DH bike fund so I can eat. :angry:

Who wants to buy my road bike so I can eat some more?

Can we multipy our negatives? neg times neg equals pos......:thumb:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
One last reminder, call your friends, spread the word, and make sure your mom is coming because Im really looking forward to seeing her again. In the last few days we've done alot of new digging, everything is hitting great and theres a number of new options. Word is that tommorow Bill is going the re-do the big set (the one off the roll in) into a correctly spaced monster of a line. Don't miss the craziness, we had a preview this afternoon and it included backflips and a couple crazy trains, if you miss it you will be sorry.

oh yeah, BRING MONEY

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Officially it starts at 1. It took Lopes about 5 minutes today to do half a dozen things no one had ever done before, should be a good show.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
It was a cool session yesterday. I sure do wish I didn't have to work because I would have loved to see the rest of the day. But the evening everyone was winding down and I took a few shots before the end of the festivities...

I believe the fix did pretty well and they are pretty far along on the way to saving the jumps. I also think they still have about $1500 to go from what I read on www.leelikesbikes.com so if anyone has a few extra bucks in their pocket swing on by the fix and drop it off!