Quantcast

Saw something unusual tonight.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
So I'm laying in bed watching some SouthPark, just about ready to fall asleep since I'm tired from riding earlier today and I hear a street bike ride up the street. It sounded almost like a Honda instead of that and figured I'd take a look just to see what it was. It ended up turning around right after my house and pulling in front of my neighbor's house. Normally I wouldn't take this for anything but they have a normal 'crew' that tends to hangout there and this wasn't one of them. So I turn my tv off to make it totally dark in my room and just gaze out the window. The guy who is dressed in full moto apparal as well as full face with the visor and everything, walks up the driveway into the garage. He then proceeds to cautiously open up the passanger door to their Excursion, and he's probably inside there for a minute or two just kinda rummaging around, then he gets out closes the door, walks around and goes through cabinets in the garage. I'm assuming that he didn't find anything worth value because he didn't linger in the garage area very long. So he started going towards his bike again and on his way stops at the car parked in the driveway and checks to see if it's doors are unlocked, and fortunately they were. He then starts rolling down the hill before he even turns his bike on.

Then when he's a good 30ft from the house someone who lives there pulls up, not sure how they couldn't have seen any of it go down considering the street that goes up to the house is straight for a few hundred feet before it.

Figured I ought to come down and see who's online and post this. Ironically enough my front door was unlocked too. :rolleyes:

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I had a VERY silimar situation.

There had been some break-ins to cars in the hood late on friday nights a few weeks before so of course, we locked our car doors. Forgot one friday night about the whole neighborhood robbers thing and was suddenly reminded at about 1:30 am. I heard them trying to get into the cars, so just like you did, i turned off all of the lights, then waited in the dark for a few, the proceeded to try and look out of the window. i forgot to turn off the computer monitor so i'm pretty sure that they saw my shadow against the window. when i didn't see anything at the window, i went back into the darkest shadow of the room. Then, soon after i heard a few quick steps of someone going up the front porch and a loud crack at the window like the threw a rock at it. few seconds later (seriously), i was upstairs going to wake my dad. within 5 minutes he was waiting with one of the shotguns on his sholder at the end of the driveway, waiting for the sheriff to arrive.

the sensor porch light was on before my dad went out so i know for sure that someone was on the front steps.

scary as hell. our situations sound alot alike (friday night, turned off lights and looked out window, etc.)

good luck with finding out who it was.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Dude, A week and a half ago, someone tried to jack my car out of my driveway. I heard something like a car door open, so I looked out and i saw some guy dressed in all black in mah car. I yelled "What the **** are you doing?" He bolted out and ran down the driveway, i threw a rock at him, but i missed.

Now i keep ALL the bikey stuff in my room...

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Within this past year, about 3 of my bf's friends' cars had been stolen, stripped (of the motors, seats, and turbos), left at a local lake and set on fire. The cars were generally pretty nice (japnese domestic), but from the outside, you generally wouldn't think that there was anything special about them. The police still haven't found out who was responsible.

My bf got his Acura Integra Type R about a year ago from a guy who was sick of it being broken into and stolen repeatedly (but the police always found it and gave it back). The original seats and shift knob were stolen while it was at the impound lot.

When my bf bought it, it did not have an alarm or tracking. Within 5 days, it was broken into, with the registration and title stolen (he had forgotten to take it out, he was applying for some security stickers for the base that he works on). We called the different police to file a report and they repeatedly said that we called the wrong jurisdiction, go call these cops over here.....with the same result. He had to go to the DMV and get a new title issued ...or the thieves could have signed it into their name and report the car as stolen.

It is now in a locked garage (that we can hear any sounds in), with tracking, an alarm, and 2 other locks on it. Yeah, it's a pain, but it sure beats having it set on fire.

A couple of people around here have actually caught thieves in the act... one guy saw then rummaging through his trunk (they were looking for the tracking), so he and a friend pushed them into it, shut the lid, and drove to the station.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
well if you are gonna be jacking stuff from someone why not be doing it on an extremely fast vehicle while wearing lots of padding? Fvck thieves

...........I had a 480 whp integra gsr and a 644 whp mustang stolen from me, neither which i have ever seen again

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
if i ever caught anyone burgin my neighbors house i'd sneak up to em with a baseball bat and take his knees out and break his ribs. That'd be fun and satisfying. but i'd probably wind up calling the cops first, i'm getting boring in my old age.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So you saw someone breaking in to your neighbours garage and you didnt do anything about it like yelling at him to get the fcuk out?
Now if I saw someone breaking in to our neighbours garage Im pretty sure Id say something about it and I would apreciate my neighbour doing so if it was the other way around, wouldnt you?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Kevin said:
So you saw someone breaking in to your neighbours garage and you didnt do anything about it like yelling at him to get the fcuk out?
Now if I saw someone breaking in to our neighbours garage Im pretty sure Id say something about it and I would apreciate my neighbour doing so if it was the other way around, wouldnt you?
I've already told them about it and I'm not sure what they're doing about it, at the moment they can't find anything that was taken so they are lucky in that aspect. I didn't yell out because it would have been clear where it was coming from and considering we've got a Saab 9-5 in the garage as well as a good $5000 worth of bikes in the garage I didn't want to attract attention to my house being a possible target in the future.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I think that if you would have yeld something he would be a lot more afraid to come back again in your neighbourhood because he would know people are paying attention. This time he got to sneek around without anyone noticing (at least thats what he thinks) so chances are hes more likely to come back.
When a burglar is out on his "evening walk" he's probably very much on his toe's and anything atrackting attention will probably make him run for it.
Just my two cents though.