Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

juicycyborg

Chimp
Sep 18, 2010
Hope you get your money back from this incompetent scumbag. I've had a bad experience with Brad as well and will never deal with him again. With so many stories about this guy, I wonder how he is still in business. In Brad's mind, everyone else is to blame.

Last edited:

mongoose2231

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
Hope you get your money back from this incompetent scumbag. I've had a bad experience with Brad as well and will never deal with him again. With so many stories about this guy, I wonder how he is still in business. In Brad's mind, everyone else is to blame.
You know, I doubt that I'll ever get my money or the parts I had sent him, which also cost me a ton of money but some day he'll run into one of his unhappy, scammed customers, and I am sure sparks will be flying...if you know what I mean.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Looks like he's started screwing people over on track frames, too... see his FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/Brad.nempro#!/Brad.nempro?v=wall

Ha.

"Hey brad, where is my frame that you said it's finish about 2 months ago. Be a professional man. I haven't even got contact from you unless I post something in here. Now I don't care about your frame anymore. I want my full refund."

Love the way your now grabbing wall post from my Facebook .
Customers frame already shipped .

RideMonkey can keep hacking my sig and doing what they can to slander my name but it's not working .

Blue - Spoke with Garrett your not doing anything but making yourself look bad now .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I just undeleted some posts that I had originally deleted in an effort to get mongoose2231 some money back.

Brad, in his typical M.O., demanded that all posts be deleted on the subject and he'd give back the money. Despite my misgivings about removing stuff that should be part of the public record, the money was more important to get back.

Well, I guess Brad stiffed him again. Posts have been undeleted so the whole story is pretty much here. Yay, Brad!

With a thread of this nature still being bumped and my signature online being hacked by the RM moderators then I believe this thread has gone far enough.
It's obvious that the powers that be here in this fourm are determined to post any and all bad info they can be it true or post taken out of context from my Facebook page .
This is a public form of Slander as I have stated before .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
No your bumping this as a direct act of Deformation of character as you have always done . You are in fact not the Moderator here on these boards but the instigator not the moderator aka voice of reason .

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ok I stayed out of this, but you are truly a moron. 1 - give your the people you scammed their money back. 2 - IT'S LIBEL YOU ****ING RETARD. IF YOU WANT TO ACCUSE PEOPLE OF THINGS, GET IT RIGHT.

Defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for transitory statements), and libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. It is usually a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).[1]
Also, it's not even libel given that it is "facts", not something "implied to be factual".

I have to play nice.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No your bumping this as a direct act of Deformation of character as you have always done . You are in fact not the Moderator here on these boards but the instigator not the moderator aka voice of reason .
DEFORMATION of character? :D

Really? is this a troll? NO one can possibly be this ignorant? I hope your "lawyer" went to the same school that you did. The written statement would be a hoot to read.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Definition of libel 2: use of print or pictures to harm someone's reputation. Until 1964, a person could prove that they had been libeled simply by showing that the statements in question were incorrect. In 1964, the Supreme Court decided that public officials had to prove that the statements in question were made with "actual malice"-for the purpose of harming the person's reputation. As a result of the Supreme Court case, Time, Inc. v. Firestone (1976); private individuals only have to prove negligence, rather than "actual malice," on the part of the press.

Definition of libel 3: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, the falsity of the libelous statements or representations, as well the intention of malice, has to be proved for there to be libel. In addition, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant. This is contrasted to slander, which is defamation through the spoken word.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brad -

I did not, in fact, "bump" this thread. On 09/17, mongoose2231 posted and also emailed me to let me know that the agreement that he would delete his posts in order to work out an arrangement with you, had fallen through. He posted here and 30 minutes later, I undeleted his posts per his request, and posted a comment accordingly.

I have not posted anything here that was not either:

- Part of the public record and topical to the discussion at hand
- My opinion on the facts that have been presented

Commenting that my posting of your public Facebook page is revealing public information is laughable, you have a link to your blog in your signature which contains a direct link to your Facebook page. This is public information, not anything where you have any reasonable expectation of privacy.

I am not "deforming" your character. I have posted opinions on how your customers perceive your business methods and linked to threads that show a pattern of behavior.

Incidentally, truth, reasonable belief of the truth, opinion, or fair comment on a matter of public interest are all defenses of libel. Just because you don't like what is said, doesn't mean it's libelous. Also, you are considered a public figure as a business owner so you will be forced to tolerate more of this than, say, I Are Baboon does.

In fact, I think I have been somewhat gracious in not banning you long ago for the mistreatment of our members. I think you have the right to defend posts made on a message board especially if you have evidence that is contrary to what is said.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Also, you are considered a public figure as a business owner so you will be forced to tolerate more of this than, say, I Are Baboon does.
And IAB puts up with A LOT. :D

So Brad, are you now suuing for libel and not slander? Have your charges changed? That's a whole new case, you know, and probably involves a different type of attorney.

You must have a lot of money to sue Yahoo subsidiaries!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
DEFORMATION of character? :D

Really? is this a troll? NO one can possibly be this ignorant? I hope your "lawyer" went to the same school that you did. The written statement would be a hoot to read.
Fraz, you didn't know BV is a Transformer?

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
All you had to do was run your business(if it's even a real business) in an honest & up front manner & none of these (MULTIPLE) posts would have even gotten started Brad. Seriously..

It's not the rest of the world.
It is YOU!

In my not so humble opinion, you are a scumbag crook mooch bastard. But that's only my opinion..

PS. Spell check is your friend.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, so in an effort to give Brad a fair shake (I don't know why it occurred to me that he might have gotten anything but), I went through and read all of the previous Nemesis Project problem threads.

Frankly, I am shocked - SHOCKED - at how little I actually said about Brad despite his insistence - and multiple emails to the Ridemonkey administrator (hey Brad, that's me, just FYI - I get those emails) that I've been slandering him. Interestingly, I've actually gone out of my way to say that no third party observer can really tell if Brad is mostly telling the truth, but the end result is an angry customer so it really doesn't matter.

In an effort to be reasonable, I have removed the screenshot since we won't know the outcome of that unless Donge steps forward to comment in this thread, and I don't think it's fair for me to present something like that without finding out if it was resolved to the buyer's satisfaction.

Aside from that (and, really, even that), I stand by my comments. Brad's vehemence actually had me doubting what went on in past threads.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Definition of libel 2: use of print or pictures to harm someone's reputation. Until 1964, a person could prove that they had been libeled simply by showing that the statements in question were incorrect. In 1964, the Supreme Court decided that public officials had to prove that the statements in question were made with "actual malice"-for the purpose of harming the person's reputation. As a result of the Supreme Court case, Time, Inc. v. Firestone (1976); private individuals only have to prove negligence, rather than "actual malice," on the part of the press.

Definition of libel 3: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, the falsity of the libelous statements or representations, as well the intention of malice, has to be proved for there to be libel. In addition, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant. This is contrasted to slander, which is defamation through the spoken word.
you finally learned the difference b/w slander and libel i see

mongoose2231

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
Fellow Ridemonkey forum members, I would like you to know that Brad had emailed me with his usual bull****.

"Alex

The thread on Ride-Monkey thread is still being bumped with your post this is exactly why the parts have not shipped .
You keep posting bull**** and lies on the web and the parts will sit this was our original agreement and you have never once stuck to your word.

I am now hiring legal representation in the State of washington to resolve the matter you have created online ."
I would like to point out that I had emailed him several times after our agreement and got the usual bull**** answer. OH, I haven't made it to the PO... the package is ready I just haven't had any time with my production run and all...the usual bull, then the replies stopped coming in. Ofcourse, that really, really got me pissed off, hence my reposting in this thread. This guy got a ton of 2nd and 3rd and so on chances, and yet he still fails to do right by those who have been scammed. Anyway, I don't think we should just stand aside and allow this moron to just get away with this. And for your info Brad, it's "Defamation of Character" NOT Deformation. It just goes to show....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
so he wont send you YOUR parts back because you are posting TRUTHS about him online?

id say that "legal" representation will be a waste of money on his end

mongoose2231

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
I only want others to get the message. This guy is no good, avoid him at any cost. Get your frames from somewhere else. It's that simple. Thanks to all who help spread the word.

mongoose2231

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
Brad is emailing me with the same old story. I wonder if he thinks he's dealing with some 12 yearold. I work in the temporary structures industy, designing hoists and scaffolds, custom climbers and hung working decks all day, for the biggest such company in NY. In fact we have undertaken a huge project in Toronto, where we designed an entire 3 story platform that climbs up and down Canada's highest tower, for the purpose of recladding the building. That said, I think I know what is needed for a custom fabrication job! So Brad, you are better off just hiding somewhere and shutting the **** up because I know I gave you all the info you needed to start this project, and I had done the research, and I had found the material to be readily available prior to contacting you. So you better take those sport coilovers off your R32 ( that you purchased the week I sent you the money) and sell them, and pack up my **** and do right by me and all others for that matter, or you're going down. I don't care if you sue whoever bro, you'll just be wasting the money you could use for the refunds on legal fees, and end up ****ing broke.

mongoose2231

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
I figured I'd post up here the last email exchanges between myself and Brad, after we had reached an agreement about 3 months ago. I gave him another chance to reedem himself, he ****ed up, so here we are again.

"On Jul 7, 2010, at 5:37 AM, alex g wrote:
Hey Brad, did u send the stuff? I am waiting on the package. What is taking so long?
Please send the stuff out, will u?"
His reply:

"Alex
Ok sorry i just have been in the middle of our largest production run of bikes right now , there slated for delivery to dealers on the 15th so I have been kinda focused on this .
thank you for the reminder i'
ll get up tot he post office today , sorry I totally lag on shipping things when I building bikes :(

-Brad"
Then,

"On Sep 14, 2010, at 7:29 AM, alex g wrote:

Hey Brad,any word on my package man? I am loosing all hope. What the ****..."
After waiting mora than 3 months after our agreement, I had reposted in this thread. This was Brad's relpy:

"Alex
The thread on Ride-Monkey thread is still being bumped with your post this is exactly why the parts have not shipped .
You keep posting bull**** and lies on the web and the parts will sit this was our original agreement and you have never once stuck to your word.
I am now hiring legal representation in the State of washington to resolve the matter you have created online .

Good Day
-Brad Hodges"
"On Sep 25, 2010, at 2:49 PM, alex g wrote:

Hey, you can go ahead and do whatever man, I waited 3 months for you to send me my stuff after the agreement we had. The ride monkey thread was there already, and I only joined in. You are what you make of yourself and I am sorry for you. At this point I realized that you are just an incompetent, lying, sad little guy who is trying to save whatever is left of his tarnished reputation. You just plain steal from trusting people like us and that is the bottom line. Unfortunately these forum threads will continue to appear as long as you keep wronging people. You can rest assured that I will repost on Pinkbike as well again. You've had a ton of chances to rectify this. Unfortunately I am out more than 2000 dollars in money and parts, and your response is trying to go ahead and blackmail everyone. You try to have all these posts removed before you take any action in the right direction. YOU have to first refund people money and make right by them, and then the forum threads will stop.
Good luck to you man. You are probably going to need it. "

Then, today he wrote this:

"Alex

Your not exactly the saint here Alex , it's funny how you accuse me of lying but my stand on this has been the same thought-out .

- STOP posting lies and harmful threads on the Internet , ask to have all threads deleted and stop posting to these threads .
This was NEVER done by you and this is why the parts never shipped.

My stand on this - we have hours invested in this project , as I have said to you and all other custom bike or prototype customers everyone from you to some of the largest bike companies on the planet - if you design requires any specific parts that are not currently available we ask you to supply these .
The material spec'd in your design is not available from my research and I have asked you to supply this .

Refund - we can not issue you a refund when you go a lie or post harmful threads all over the internet and I'm sorry but The Internet does not dictate my company policy .
What you as basically doing is considered blackmail and Cyber bullying . What the moderators have done is defamation of character clear and to the letter of the law , by bumping the thread and not deleting it they not only harmed me me but also you and this is why the parts will not ship until the damage you have done by lying is removed .

The money you invested in these parts is not my fault , we charged you a $1,200 deposit for services .
You submitted 3 separate drawings for this project , I quoted the original drawing of the simple frame design for the deposit.
Once you submitted the newer more detailed drawing and once we received the machined parts I let you know that the cost would go up due to the more involved welding work .

Then this brings up to the materials specced in your design - there not currently available .
Once we reached this point you made demands for a refund and I let you know the project had been shelved until the time you were prepared to move forward.

I also explained this is common practice in the bicycle industry for prototypes with time invested .
Anodizing inc. did it to one of my partners in the exact same fashion until what time 4 years later when I was prepared to pay the difference to have the bikes finished to print .
I did so and they promptly finished the bikes .

Another company you may or may not have herd of went through the same thing and it was clearly documented on their older website.
That company was Evil bikes and the bike was the original Empire prototype , Divinchi was handling the fab work .
DW improved his design and they wanted to charge him another 7K to finish one frame .
Evil at the time didn't have the money and DW let the bike sit on the shelf at Divinchi until the time when he could move forward on the project.

Why am I going through all this and re-explains this to you , I hope you will finally understand my side of this .
You have publicly lied and tried to change the truth and details of this matter online to fit your needs , to make you seem right this dosent help nor change the situation which you Alex have had just as much control over as I do .

So I ask for you to stop calling me a lier and publicly trying to bash me, this is a industry learn how to handle your problems or "Special project's " accordingly and stop crying to the masses online slandering a hard working frame builders name .

-Brad"
And this was my reply:

"Listen man, I expected the same old story from you. What else? You haven't spent any time on the project because if you had, you would've had something to show for it. I have built an intricate frame from scratch on my own, and it took but 3 weeks. The only reason I wanted you to do it, was because you had the proper tools and came recommended. I on the other hand had nothing but a mig and mild steel tubing to work with. None the less I still have and ride the bike I built 2 years and a half ago. You cry that the material is not readily available, I say bull****. I got all the material ordered from airframe builders myself after you stiffed me, so stop ****ing saying is not available. The only reason I started the internet threads was because you stopped answering my emails, answering my calls, etc. Besides, I've waited more than 9 months or so to even start anything. So, regardless of what you say, it won't change a thing. The initial frame design you priced was only missing the gussets, and I can prove that. In fact, what happened is you bit more than you could chew and at the same time you shot yourself in the foot. I am sorry for you man but I will not stop. And you cannot tell me to stop posting, THEN you refund my money and send my parts back. YOU will first refund my money and send my parts, then I stop posting. Otherwise, the entire biking community will know to steer clear of you. Good luck. "
Now, after giving him all the time in the world to send me at least my parts back, he goes ahead and hides untill the forum thread becomes active again. Had he sent my stuff, I'd be quiet but I won't be anymore.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
From someone who sued an auto shop out of business for much of the same BS:

Sue his ass in small claims. Bring in the email exchange, any receipts, and written promises from Hodges. You WILL win. You may not get immediate payment, but if you learn a bit about legal procedure you can then put a lien on his precious R32 to recoup the judgement.

I know you live out of state, but use it as an excuse for a west coast vacation - though depending on your local regs, you might be able to sue him in the state you live.

mongoose2231

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
From someone who sued an auto shop out of business for much of the same BS:

Sue his ass in small claims. Bring in the email exchange, any receipts, and written promises from Hodges. You WILL win. You may not get immediate payment, but if you learn a bit about legal procedure you can then put a lien on his precious R32 to recoup the judgement.

I know you live out of state, but use it as an excuse for a west coast vacation - though depending on your local regs, you might be able to sue him in the state you live.
Yes, I can sue him here in NY, already spoke to an attorney. Problem is payment after judgement in my favor. It may not be worth the effortbut I'd love to face this guy in person.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yes, I can sue him here in NY, already spoke to an attorney. Problem is payment after judgement in my favor. It may not be worth the effortbut I'd love to face this guy in person.
Judgement is a judgement, but you're right about payment - squeezing it out of him would be a toughie. He does have a car and a business. If you have a decent attorney, chances are you could seize some assets, especially if there's no one in front of you "in line" for his balls, so to speak. If anything, it'll be a huge negative mark on his credit and few financial institutions will loan money to a one-man operation with an unpaid SC judgement against them.

I'm still owed $5000 by the owner of the shop I sued. Then again, he and his meth habit kind of vanished.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Sue him, if you dont, your sorta letting him get away with it. If nobody speaks up, he gets away with it, and to make it better, once you do, im sure everybody else will jump on board.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
I support mongoose2231 in his pursuit to sue the balls off of Brad. Even if you don't win the case, it will have costed brad a ton of money to bring a lawyer and himself to NY and pay the lawyer the whole time. Win!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
The legal route would be the most gratifying but like mentioned before could cost. Continuing educating your fellow riders would be the easiest and worthwhile method. I'm curious, could you contact the BBB and log your complaint officially, being the best public notice?

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
I'm curious, could you contact the BBB and log your complaint officially, being the best public notice?
Only if he's a member of the BBB, they have no power over non-members. It's pretty much a scam, actually. Maybe Brad already works for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.