Science fair (Must-See!!!)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
this is a joke, right?

1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)"
Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
1st Place: "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life"
Patricia Lewis (grade 8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) - into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed only to sunlight, for three weeks. (Patricia also prayed to God not to do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not to disqualify the findings.) No life evolved. This shows that life cannot come from non-life through natural processes.
Ummm yeah.. Maybe thay should have tried to make a planet of living things in seven days

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I don't know if this is real or not. It's so Onion-esque it's uncanny.

No one's commented on middle school, 2nd place.

:think: No, it can't be real. Can it :( ?

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Once I dug in and started seeing just how much info was there on so many topics, I had a hard time believing someone could go through that much just to make a joke...

Did you guys click any of the other tabs?????

WOW.

MD

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
This one belongs in the Mud Hunnies forum, just for gut laughs -

"2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking"
Jonathan Goode (grade 7) applied findings from many fields of science to support his conclusion that God designed women for homemaking: physics shows that women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited to carrying groceries and laundry baskets; biology shows that women were designed to carry un-born babies in their wombs and to feed born babies milk, making them the natural choice for child rearing; social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay; and exegetics shows that God created Eve as a companion for Adam, not as a co-worker."

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by MikeD
I don't know if this is real or not. It's so Onion-esque it's uncanny.

No one's commented on middle school, 2nd place.

:think: No, it can't be real. Can it :( ?

MD
Wow!! That's pretty scary!! It looks like a science fair that would have taken place in 1902.

No, Mike, it's not true :mad: ;)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Man I knew it! Frickin' Apple!!!!

http://objective.jesussave.us/propaganda.html

Apple Macintosh:

However, these propagandists aren't just targeting the young. Take for example Apple Computers, makers of the popular Macintosh line of computers. The real operating system hiding under the newest version of the Macintosh operating system (MacOS X) is called... Darwin! That's right, new Macs are based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly Atheists and Pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open Source" license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism.

But is this really such a shock? Lets look for a moment at Apple Computers. Founded by long haired hippies, this company has consistently supported 60's counter-cultural "values"2. But there are even darker undertones to this company than most are aware of. Consider the name of the company and its logo: an apple with a bite taken out of it. This is clearly a reference to the Fall, when Adam and Eve were tempted with an apple3 by the serpent. It is now Apple Computers offering us temptation, thereby aligning themselves with the forces of darkness4.

This company is well known for its cult-like following. It isn't much of a stretch to say that it is a cult. Consider co-founder and leader Steve Jobs' constant exhortation through advertising (i.e. mind control) that its followers should "think different". We have to ask ourselves: "think different than whom or what?" The disturbing answer is that they want us to think different than our Christian upbringing, to reject all the values that we have been taught and to heed not the message of the Lord Jesus Christ!

Given the now obvious anti-Christian and cultish nature of Apple Computers, is it any wonder that they have decided to base their newest operating system on Darwinism? This just reaffirms the position that Darwinism is an inherently anti-Christian philosophy spread through propaganda and subliminal trickery, not a science as its brainwashed followers would have us believe.
:monkey:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i think im gonna go puke. then kill a gay manatee for christ. jesus what is the world coming to. even if it is fake that is some scary s@#t man.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
How did you FIND this?

Honestly, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. It boggles my mind. It's so outlandish it actually discredits "reasonable" creationists...

I can't believe they actually rewarded these kids for their "scientific" experiments... I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or vomit.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I don't think even the Onion could come up with anything this good:

"Thermodynamics Of Hell Fire" - Tom Williamson (grade 12)"

""Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)"

and

"social sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus earn equal pay:

Great cause and effect relationship. Priceless.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
The core of the moon is essentially a large crystal of metallic iron. When it is struck by meteorites (or moon landers) it will reverberate for a period of time - depending on the strength of the impact - much as a tuning fork does. The reason we do not hear the moon reverberating in the sky is that sound waves do not propagate through the vacuum of space that is between the moon and earth. However, in 1969, Apollo astronauts placed seismic devices on the moon's surface to measure the reverberations directly. These devices recorded the impacts of meteorites as expected, but they also picked up a strange, persistent, low-frequency waveform. When the waveform was run through audio processing computers which sped it up and applied various filters to it, it was discovered to be an echoing voice. The voice was speaking in ancient Aramaic!

NASA has refused to release these recordings to the public (for the obvious reason that it contradicts their evolutionistic position) and the details of what the voice was actually saying have not been uncovered directly. We know it was something in Aramaic since at the time NASA had brought in linguists to try and decipher it, and after a week all but the one who knew the ancient tongue were allowed to return home. However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand what this voice truly represents: The core of the moon still reverberates with the Lord's words from the day when He created the Heavens.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by laura
this is a joke, right?

Cassidy Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas, but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her uncle is no monkey.
WTF? :confused: :monkey:

I *am* both an uncle and a monkey!

Oh, for those of you who don't know, my name's Steve. And that Steve's a worthless imposter cuz I do like bananas, especially before riding!

I therefore submit that I am God.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Tenchiro
Damnit, the crotchless panties are you of stock...
Read the fine print........

This uncomfortable undergarment will be a daily reminder to unmarried women to find a husband and a emergency moral reminder to her would-be-suitor. (For use under traditional underwear only.)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
from Terry Pratchett's book "Eric".

(paraphrasing cuz I don't remember the page)

The afterlife is what you make it. Really, anything can happen. People only wind up in hell cuz they think they're supposed to go there for a sin or two. That's why it's important to shoot missionaries as soon as you see them.

:D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
National Creation Science Understanding Deteriorating
(5/1/2002) According to the secular National Science Foundation, public understanding of Creation Science in America has slipped in the past year with only 47% of respondents correctly answering "false" to the statement "human beings, as we know them today, developed from earlier species of animals" (also, a Gallup poll from 2001 showed that only 45% correctly agreed with the statement "God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so"). This increase in ignorance is most likely due to the rise in Evolutionism propaganda. There was, however, some scant good news in this deplorable report: America still leads the industrialized world in Creation Science knowledge and, although only 45% favored the removal of the pseudoscience of Evolutionism, 68% called for the return of sound Creation Science to our nation's curriculum.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by ohio
How did you FIND this?

Honestly, this is one of the funniest things I've ever read. It boggles my mind. It's so outlandish it actually discredits "reasonable" creationists...

I can't believe they actually rewarded these kids for their "scientific" experiments... I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry or vomit.
OHIO! WE'RE IN AGREEMENT! :D :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
As a Christian....I'm still trying to figure out the woes of getting my glass repaired....good thing Dr. Troy Franklin has posted this warning for me. :eek:

-----(March 28, 2003) Dr. Troy Franklin, OBJECTIVE occult expert, has brought to our attention a disturbing new danger to weak-spirited Christians and unsaved persons that we feel needs to be reported.

As he tells it, while out at a local supermarket shopping for food for his cat, Dr. Franklin noticed one of those small tents advertising "Free Rock Chip Repair" that have been springing up in our nation's parking lots. Curious, he went to enquire about getting a ding in his windshield sealed, only to learn that the person manning the tent had other intentions, namely to try and recruit Dr. Franklin into a cult!

Fortunately, the good doctor has become quite immune to cultic recruiting ploys from his years studying their tactics, and thus he was able to extricate himself from the situation with his soul unharmed. However, those less skilled in their Faith -- and especially those of false faiths or no faith at all -- would have soon found themselves back at the cult headquarters doing all manner of unspeakable rites and blasphemies... or maybe even brainwashed into manning a tent of their own.

For the safety of your soul, do not be tempted by the lure of impulse rock chip repair from strangers in parking lots. It may say free, but it could cost you your soul! If you need your windshield fixed, go to a qualified Christian repair shop.-------

what the hell is wrong with these people!!!!!

i couldn't find any contact info for these loons.....wanted to ask them a few questions from a "concerned christian" :D

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
what.....

J.C. Penny - The J.C. makes us think of Jesus Christ, thus associating our Lord with the lowest monetary value, the penny (even Judas valued Him at 30 pieces of silver!).
Sears - What the flesh of the damned does in Hell. It also sounds like "seers", Pagan mystics who engaged in occult premonitions.
Cinnabon - Sounds like "Sin Upon".
Orange Julius - Named for the Pagan Emperor of Rome. This company's mascot was once a devil, until they changed it to hide their true intentions.
Hot Topic - A recent store aimed at children that openly sells devil paraphernalia. Any guess as to why "hot" is in their name?
Hallmark Gold Crown Stores - Purveyors of Santamas tree ornaments depicting anthropomorphized woodland creatures (reference to Evolutionism) and Harry Potter merchandise. What notable person will have a mark and wear crowns? [Rev. 13:16, 13:1]

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
"IMPORTANT SITE NEWS:
June 4, 2003 -- We have moved again. While closely rereading the Statement of Faith of our previous webhost, Cross Spot, we made the sad discovery that they are not firm enough in their opposition to the erroneous doctrine of triclavianism"

Being agnostiic, I may not understand the relevance of an extra nail...but serisously, this site absolutely must be a joke.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ill never underestimate the ignorance of the evangelical faith. Im all for philosophising about god/creation but when people use the bible like a tool to stop thought progression it becomes an obstacle.

An evangelical word association:

Chicken Fried Steak : Bible
Darwin : Bible
Free Thought: Bible
Science : Bible
Sex : Bible

Anyway, my point is that you cant have a conversation with an evangelical Christian because their answer is always quotes from the Bible or simply, "well the bible tells us". Very irritating.

BTW I went to an evangelical college for a little while because of a full scholarship opportunity... The lack of free thought was astounding. I just wanted to tell these prople to think instead of just referencing this book like a bad car salesman.

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
That's right, new Macs are based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly Atheists and Pagans.
I knew it! I knew we were all pagans! But seriously, what the hell? How can they possbily think that using a macintosh will turn a good ol' christian into some long haired evolution-believing hippy?? Oh wait, that's because they're crazy !! Religious fanatics piss me off to no end.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
so I started doing some googling on this site, and found a whole bunch of sites talking about how its a fraud, but no real hard evidence that it isn't real.

Now, I am totally sure it is a fake, but I have to say that if it is fake, these guys did an insane amount of work, just for a joke! It actually boggles my mind how much had to go into something like this. I love it.

And as I was looking for info on this site, I ran across this. Totally brilliant;
http://williambader.com/elvis.html

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by brenth

Now, I am totally sure it is a fake, but I have to say that if it is fake, these guys did an insane amount of work, just for a joke! It actually boggles my mind how much had to go into something like this. I love it.
Yeah, I'm in agreement with ya...the 'moon resonating in ancient Aramaic' bit was where I said, "Ok, good joke, now it's gone too far to be real..."

MD