Quantcast

Sea Otter..LIVE!

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
El_Chimichanga said:
I asked Rennie if that's what happened and he had no clue...I felt bad for him, he looked like a little kid who just lost his puppy.

He was like, "I dunno, I just slipped a gear and my feet blew off me pedals." Then I said he was too strong and to slow down. Crazy Austrailians.
No Doubt. Funny thing is, it wasn't a 990 or 970 cassette; the teeth were chrome rather than satin finished. I'm guessing it was a bomb proof cassette, it's just that the boy's got too much STROKE... Big ups on the chain for staying together I guess.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
A decade is the reverse of a tailwhip; the rider holds onto the handlebars and does a 360°, dropping the rear end so it stays in the same place, then catching the pedals once the rotation is finished. It's done in the air. The decade is kinda cool, but it's usually pretty fugly. A 360 downside whip is almost the same, but way cooler. The rider does a three, but throws a tailwhip in the reverse direction of the spin when halfway around. Both are really hard.
Edit: BMXers usually think decades are ugly, but that doesn't mean mountain bikers can't be stoked on them.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
dexter said:
lisa is obviously baked out of her mind. nice photos josh and damn that man for throwing a decade

Naw, Lisa is professional when it comes to racing. She wouldn't ever race while "baked out of her mind" Nice try there Dextreme!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
bikenweed said:
A decade is the reverse of a tailwhip; the rider holds onto the handlebars and does a 360°, dropping the rear end so it stays in the same place, then catching the pedals once the rotation is finished. It's done in the air. The decade is kinda cool, but it's usually pretty fugly. A 360 downside whip is almost the same, but way cooler. The rider does a three, but throws a tailwhip in the reverse direction of the spin when halfway around. Both are really hard.
Edit: BMXers usually think decades are ugly, but that doesn't mean mountain bikers can't be stoked on them.
Ahhh, Grasshopper, but the decade was originally a flatland freestyle trick. Do a little endo, rock back on your rear wheel, then kick off your seat-tube and launch yourself around the front end of your bike, land on the top-tube or pedals on the other side, then drop the front wheel and ride away to admiring fans...it's kind of a like a boomerang with the front wheel in the air. Back in the day we used to do double decades - get around twice before dropping the front end. It was totally wicked bitchen radical man! :p

(Yeah I'm dating myself, but hey, I am OG!)

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
Is there any way you could post up a backround quality one of sanjay in the berm? Anything else would be cool as well.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Lefty said:
Aha never heard of her. Is she new to the scene. ?
She won Snowmass MTNX last year and has been on the scene for about 1-2 years. Her brother races semi pro too. She is one to watch out for, she will be on the podium again this year!

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Motionboy2 said:
She won Snowmass MTNX last year and has been on the scene for about 1-2 years. Her brother races semi pro too. She is one to watch out for, she will be on the podium again this year!

Hmm ok she looks good... and her riding to. Let's hope she can kick some asses.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Lefty said:
He Dylan do you know or any body else which rider this is :
she does;nt look familiar to me.

Thanx.. that will fill up my curiousity.
I hung out with her and her family at Mt Snow a couple summers ago at our hotel...had to help them get her bike together....her dad is a cool dude!
She's the Steve Peat of ladies...all tall and blonde...but way better on the eyes. My vote is for her to be National Champ in 2 seasons. I've seen her ride and as they say down here..."Ain't Skeered" :p

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
bizutch said:
I hung out with her and her family at Mt Snow a couple summers ago at our hotel...had to help them get her bike together....her dad is a cool dude!
She's the Steve Peat of ladies...all tall and blonde...but way better on the eyes. My vote is for her to be National Champ in 2 seasons. I've seen her ride and as they say down here..."Ain't Skeered" :p
Cool story..bizutch.. :thumb:

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I rode with her down at south seatac. she's pretty cool. she was pro level dh racer for the first year last season. great at 4 cross too.