Quantcast

Sea Otter "LOL" thread

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20
Anyone know who this is? He almost had this run in the bag till he went in the drink. He was BUMMED.

:eek:

Oh that'd suck on yer race run!
You know the crowd reaction was "OOhh!" with sporadic laughter, thats gotta hurt the ego:p

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Anyone know who this is? He almost had this run in the bag till he went in the drink. He was BUMMED.

dont know the one that crashed...but i know the other dude in the yellow helmet

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Dirty
dont know the one that crashed...but i know the other dude in the yellow helmet
Friend of yours? He has good reflexes.

This is a good example of not giving up after a crash, cause I think he went down at the top of the course. He ends up jumping over Mr. Soaked and takes the run. Sweet.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
comes into the shop down here in annapolis. i only just moved down here, but the other guys at the shop are friends with him. i just heard hes a sweet rider...and can throw down a backflip consistently, he came in and picked up that yellow helmet a few days before he went out to S.O.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by surfinguru
Dunno, but the rubber duckies and the pink flamingos gotta add to the humiliation...
Oh S**T!

I just noticed the duckies. Rad!

I think a moat should be a required feature on all courses. With alligators.

Sep 10, 2001
Speaking of goofy pics.... Did anyone happen to get a pic of one of my co-workers riding around in lycra shorts, a sports bra, afro wig, and a trucker hat? To top it off, he was on a purple and yellow DBR x-6... If anyone got a picture of him on Sunday, I love to embarass him with it....:D

Brian

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
So I saw most of the DJ contest practice, and half the runs. Who won?? Goldman had some sweet jumps.
Jesme won by pulling a 360 with the craziest landing you've ever seen. He basically landed in an unintentional nose wheelie and rode away from it. Cowan got second for either his tabletop backflip or his no-footed backflip, but I'm not sure which trick got him the silver. 3rd place was Cameron Zink (sp?). He did a one-footed x-up backflip, which should have won IMO. Another kid named Paul somebody (who was sharing a bike with Cameron Zink) attempted a backflip tailwhip, which was off the sicktor scale.

And then there was Sanjay. Oh man.

He took a practice jump and two of his comptetition jumps on a rickety old beach cruiser, and stuck the landings all 3 times. Then he hit the jump on a 16-inch kids bike, and on his second attempt, he stuck the landing as smooth as butter. Sooooooo crazy. The jump contest was definitely the best part of Sea Otter.

EDIT: spelling

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by surfinguru
Dunno, but the rubber duckies and the pink flamingos gotta add to the humiliation...
Dude, I'm putting a water pit in next years Firestone DH course just so I can decorate it with the rubber duckies and Flamingos.:D

They mock you as you sit in the puddle, laughing silently:p

Sep 10, 2001
Noah,
Just throw in some random inflatible animals on the course anyway.... And I hope the Firestone people have got some large beer bottles at the finish line.... That would be cool....

Brian

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Brian Peterson
Speaking of goofy pics.... Did anyone happen to get a pic of one of my co-workers riding around in lycra shorts, a sports bra, afro wig, and a trucker hat? To top it off, he was on a purple and yellow DBR x-6... If anyone got a picture of him on Sunday, I love to embarass him with it....:D

Brian
That was a wig??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I saw him hanging out at the booth. No pics though.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Originally posted by Brian Peterson
Noah,
Just throw in some random inflatible animals on the course anyway.... And I hope the Firestone people have got some large beer bottles at the finish line.... That would be cool....

Brian
What like sheep? I know you & sheep;)

Free glass of Firestone at the brewery with your race entry.

Brian, for instant gratification I'll have some frosties in my truck at the bottom:D Just take it easy on the sheep:eek:

Sep 10, 2001
Noah,
Can you loan me your velco gloves and rubber boots, too?? :D

I know I can always count on you for the vital supplies... Like beer!!

I just thought a large beer bottle on each side of the finish line would be cool....

Brian

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by ©2001
i'm kinda bummed w/ marla. i was trying to get a nice headshot of this photographer and she ruined it.

Why does that guy have the flash on his camera? Was the light that crappy?

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
"Well, H-ball, it was only after an extensive consultation with Orven about the spoke tension, clipless/flat pedals, coefficient of friction, and handlebar tilt that I was able to jump this Weagle- designed pixie bike."

Attachments

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
now everyone can go nutz on how good or bad whatever piece of equipment is. look at the stress on sergio garcia's front wheel!

HUCK FO LIFE!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Originally posted by MikeD
"Well, H-ball, it was only after an extensive consultation with Orven about the spoke tension, clipless/flat pedals, coefficient of friction, and handlebar tilt that I was able to jump this Weagle- designed pixie bike."
THAT'S SO RAD!!! sanjay on TV fools!

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by Silver
Why does that guy have the flash on his camera? Was the light that crappy?
Daylight fill-flash, man...necessary much of the time if you're shooting slides, nice to have even if you're not.

MD

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
some bird on a the pebble beach golf course. it tried to gouge my eyes out.
Dude, maybe BIKE will buy that photo from you...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
now everyone can go nutz on how good or bad whatever piece of equipment is. look at the stress on sergio garcia's front wheel!

HUCK FO LIFE!
21.8 psi front

spriong! go the spokes:eek:

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
Friend of yours? He has good reflexes.

This is a good example of not giving up after a crash, cause I think he went down at the top of the course. He ends up jumping over Mr. Soaked and takes the run. Sweet.
That was me... i crashed in the last 180 berm trying to cut the other two guys off, then got up and heard everyone yelling and came around the corner and jumped over that guy. i hope someone got it on camera- it seemed like 50 flashes went off when it happened.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Yeti DHer takes an intense interest in the action going on mere inches from his face...

Attachments