I've now officially ridden this trial on every mt bike I've ever owned. :cool:

Climbing

More climbing

1st pass

MOAR CLIMBING!

2nd pass

The DH went through this cool section

More DH

Right near the end we encountered two hikers. 18 miles and we encountered two hikers. And this trail is a "classic" out here. Where IS everyone?? Come ride!

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Beautiful scenery...

Can these trails be ridden in the opposite direction? Looks like you were climbing up the singletrack and descending on some wide single/doubletrack. Or do the sections that you climbed not have any flow to them?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Beautiful scenery...

Can these trails be ridden in the opposite direction? Looks like you were climbing up the singletrack and descending on some wide single/doubletrack. Or do the sections that you climbed not have any flow to them?
You can do an out and back... I just LOVE the descent from Kokomo -> Camp Hale. Someday I'll try it the other way.

Warning: the climb from Camp Hale to Kokomo would be HEINOUS.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
You can do an out and back... I just LOVE the descent from Kokomo -> Camp Hale. Someday I'll try it the other way.

Warning: the climb from Camp Hale to Kokomo would be HEINOUS.
That scared me away from that trail :D

Do you normally just park cars on either end of the trail? Or have you done it as an out and back?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That scared me away from that trail :D

Do you normally just park cars on either end of the trail? Or have you done it as an out and back?
My "usual" route in the past was to combine this ride with Resolution Road->Ptarmagin Pass -> Wilder Gulch -> Copper which makes it a bit over 30 miles. The Resolution Road climb is SOUL CRUSHING, though.

So from now on I resolve to do it as a point-to-point shuttle.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hey Slater, you fvckin' hippie, give me drugs, man

nice job hippie.