Quantcast

Second day of riding at Kingdom VT (56k, run away!)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Yet more pictures from Kingdom. These are from our second full day of riding when we hit some of the trails we missed the first day.

First off, we took The Loop to Pound Cake:

We popped out onto Coronary:

And even though it's doubletrack, it's still fun.

Speedy gonzales here couldn't resist a big grin:

More sand as we came down to the intersection of Pastore Point Loop and Coronary.

Brakes don't work too well in sand.

The only moose we saw all weekend was on my jersey (and Beth kept getting asked if she had ridden Whistler)

Our riding buddies and their Giants:

Pastore Point Loop had some awesome ups and downs, and this root claimed more than one rider in our group.

Cleared it!

I think that's my best side, really. ;)

More on Pastore Point Loop; rooty, twisty and twitchy, but damned fast and fun.

Split the trees!

We came out around a turn and found a little bit of a dropoff.

Yep, that's a ways down:

Climbing down for some dramatic pictures...

Our little group:

Maybe I'll rock that downhill? Maybe not.

We dropped out of Pastore Point onto Fence Line, which was nice and smooth.

Joe tore up Fence Line:

We cut through the woods and ended up back on Bemis

Tody's was our next destination:

We tore down the rest of Tody's, then off through Beaver Path, which threw us over this bridge:

We cut through some woods to pop out next to the Wildflower Inn, and got some fantastic views.

We were all tired and heat weary, so we lounged under a large tree on the side of the road, snacked and chatted.

We climbed across the road to the top of Heaven's Bench and stopped to check our maps. This let me shoot a few pictures, of course:

And there's Heaven's Bench.

We ripped through Heaven's Bench and headed down Ridge.

And it was fast and thrilling:

Since we had to head for home that evening, it was time to grab one last thrill and head for town. We hit Widowmaker, Pines and stopped here for one last shot before we rolled into town:

My computer was reading 16 miles by the end of the ride, and I was out of water. Glad we ended when we did and headed out. The whole trip was great, and we'll certainly be back.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Rob, did you guys get over to the campground side of things and hit Dead Moose Alley? There's a loop we usually take that starts at the campground and hits the various "Moose" trails (Dead Moose Abuse, Dead Moose Alley, Moose Alley). It's probably my favorite ride there. If you didn't get to do it, that alone is a reason to go back.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Ha! I know that drop off Pastore point!!! It would be a painful tumble to the river below for sure.

And great shots of Tody's that and Beaver tail are great trails, they flow so well.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
I Are Baboon said:
Rob, did you guys get over to the campground side of things and hit Dead Moose Alley? There's a loop we usually take that starts at the campground and hits the various "Moose" trails (Dead Moose Abuse, Dead Moose Alley, Moose Alley). It's probably my favorite ride there. If you didn't get to do it, that alone is a reason to go back.
Everything on that side was closed while we were there. The rain had taken a toll on it and it was very nasty. We'd like to have gotten it, so maybe next time we will. :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
splat said:
You Missed Moose alley!! Bummer ! No ride is complete with out a Ride down Moose alley. Of course ridning up Pinkham road at 6:30 Am is a B1tch!

What were the temperatures like up there ?
Around mid 80s, on saturday, very high humidity. Mid 80s, nice and dry on Monday.

MMcG - What's a Jollytime?