Quantcast

Security Camera

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
because JBP asked

We got one because our neighbors house was burgled while we were home. They tried our gates first but we have padlocks on them. I wanted something with a motion sensor, floodlight and night vision, but most of all web access and no subscription fees. The camera had to be waterproof.

I used this article from PC Magazine to do some research https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2475954,00.asp

We went with the Netatmo Presence. Installation was straight forward, whoever did the review had to be mechanically inept it only takes connecting 3 wires to an existing light fixture box or in my case running some waterproof tamper resistant conduit. the worst part was waiting for my phone to pair with the camera so I could link everything up to the home WIFI. the night vision is good, daytime resolution is excellent. setting up the alerts and notification is a snap.

The SD card that holds the images can be configured to keep the images for 7 days , one month, 6 months or a year before deleting and overwriting .

I can access the camera by cell phone where ever I am.

night

day

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My electrical connection was way up under the eaves and there is a huge header beam above the garage door so my best option was to add two junction boxes and a flexible conduit for the wires (crtiiters like to chew on exposed wires around here) on the outside of the garage. I will clean up the conduit routing once I am sure I like the camera location.