Quantcast

Seeking advice on my busted-ass bike

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Currently running the 6c cranks using the Cinch direct mount system and a Raceface Narrow/Wide ring.
It's been really good. I have not run the XTR one as I gave up waiting for stock of them to arrive in NZ.
The XTR Rings are super pricey and if you are running the new XTR Cranks you have no available after market options to replace them at the moment .

Wull, I have been reading a litany of descriptions of hassles with broken cables and other PITA issues. Designs are currently in a major state of flux and I would like to watch them settle out for a while. I'm not really convinced that the 1 x <pick your number> designs are a sustainable idea, we'll see what rattles out over time.

When the Heckler frame finally breaks, I guess I'm into a major technology upgrade, so we'll see what happens then.

ButtersNZ

Monkey
Jun 6, 2013
Update 3/Happy ending:

The DT Swiss agent sent DT our email chain and while they maintain it isn't a warranty issue (as the pivot bolt was not DT Swiss), as an act of goodwill they are sending me a brand new shock and mounting hardware. As Corratec are sending me the pivot bolt, everyone came to the party and I'll be riding again in a week!

Really great result from two huge companies who are still willing to help out the little guy, even though they could have wormed out of it.

My financial situation is pretty dire at the moment so no 1x11 XTR for a while. I figure I may as well wait for the inevitable 1x12 or 13 :p

Last edited: