Quantcast

SEMA 2017 Pics

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
sick whips. i will take the red g-wagon plz.

never got to go to SEMA when i lived in LV. Is it still tough for non industry folks to get into?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One of these days I will make it there in person. Some of the folks I know that go every year post up some outrageous pics. Nate Porter of pbfab (formerly Porterbuilt Customs) always has a fist full of trucks running his suspension setups in a variety of booths. This year seemed to be a big push for the square bodies (73-87 chevy trucks) and "what can we shove a Hellcat motor into".

Blown240

Monkey
Nov 19, 2013
Is it still tough for non industry folks to get into?
Ya, and its getting tougher. This year they were using black lights to check for fake passes. I overheard one guard say that they found over 2000 fake passes on the first day. This is also the first year of metal detecters, and backpack searches.

But you cant really blame them when you consider what has happened in Vegas recently...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Never been much of a fan of the show-car concept. Some of the "widebody" things are absolutely hideous too. I appreciate cutting-edge design and appearance, but it has to follow function to a higher extent than a lot of the "show cars" which seem to be only for "display" instead of real driving.