Quantcast

Semenuk. Oh. My. God.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I HAD to add that picture!

Besides, at least 5 people thought it was funny!

One person has no sense of humor though. :(

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Fellas, should we get back to the part where Semenuk looks smoother at any of his myriad of trick combos than I do at my trick bag of one directional kickout that I've been working on for nigh 40 years?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I've watched this 3 times now, but I'm still pretty sure I didn't see him jump into the back of a landing and nose manual up it, because that would obviously be impossible. I will watch again to confirm that I must have been imagining it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
holy shit that was better than coffee this morning. little nose bonk air pedal at 1:19 made me rewind a couple of times, and that double pumpy table at the end... so good.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
The other guys in the game have to watch these edits and think man, i suck compared to Semenuk. So smooth, so techy, so much flow

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah that 35lbs bike looks pretty easy to move around. Is that a 29"? Oh snap KID is gonna loose his mind......

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
On a TicketS? They weak?

Odd considering the entire reason they're made.
I'm not exactly sure about the ticket, but since 2001 they've used the same chainstays on the Klein Adept, Fisher Sugar and Trek Fuel and Remedy. Though the wheel sizes have changed over the years, their design is the same. I cracked 6 of them in the exact same place. 2002 Klein I cracked in 2003 and 04. I didn't have a dual suspension again till 2010 when I bought a Remedy. That I cracked 4 chainstays in the same EXACT place my Klein broke 6 years prior. Seriously, can't they figure this out? They always crack just behind the weld.
Tom R. broke his Klein in the same spot.
Jeff F. broke his Klein in the same spot and got a Trek Fuel in place of it. On the Fuel he cracked 5 frames. 3 on the chainstays right behind the weld. 2 seat tubes.
Tom M. had 3 Remedy's- he gave one to his dad. 5 claims between them. 4 chainstays, 1 seat tube.

Fwiw, Tom R and Jeff keep their bikes grounded. Tom M otoh, rides his for XC, dj, and DH.
Mine were used for what they were intended for.

A little story about Trek's first Ticket hardtail. I purchased a Haro Steel Reserve SS for Rays and Cranx indoor bike parks. After 2 days of riding it I borrowed my buddy's rental (Ticket). Both hardtails and SS. The ticket was aluminum and mine, obviously steel. There had to be a 7-10lb difference in weight. I know Haro's bmx's are strong and heavy, but they ain't snappin'. As far as the Ticket, no thanks.

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I'm not exactly sure about the ticket, but since 2001 they've used the same chainstays on the Klein Adept, Fisher Sugar and Trek Fuel and Remedy. Though the wheel sizes have changed over the years, their design is the same. I cracked 6 of them in the exact same place. 2002 Klein I cracked in 2003 and 04. I didn't have a dual suspension again till 2010 when I bought a Remedy. That I cracked 4 chainstays in the same EXACT place my Klein broke 6 years prior. Seriously, can't they figure this out? They always crack just behind the weld.
Jeff F. broke his Klein in the same spot and got a Trek Fuel in place of it. On the Fuel he cracked 5 frames. 3 on the chainstays right behind the weld. 2 seat tubes.
Tom M. had 3 Remedy's- he gave one to his dad. 5 claims between them. 4 chainstays, 1 seat tube.

Fwiw, Tom R and Jeff keep their bikes grounded. Tom M otoh, rides his for XC, dj, and DH.

A little story about Trek's first Ticket hardtail. I purchased a Haro Steel Reserve SS for Rays and Cranx indoor bike parks. After 2 days of riding it I borrowed my buddy's rental (Ticket). Both hardtails and SS. The ticket was aluminum and mine, obviously steel. There had to be a 7-10lb difference in weight. I know Haro's bmx's are strong and heavy, but they ain't snappin'. As far as the Ticket, no thanks.
wot?

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Around 1993* I was out on a nightride leading a group of us down a well known local descent and the (fast XC) guy behind me was riding a brand new klein hardtail on it's very first outing... I hit a blind drop I'd assumed all riders with me knew about. turned out brand New Klein boy didn't. landed badly on his knee and snaped his frame.

[/cool Klein story]

* Semenuk was probably 2yrs old and I don't think my cool Klein story has any relevence to his current Trek Ticket

Gallain

Monkey
Dec 28, 2001
Sweden

Considering what people around these parts use their fuel ex, remedy and slash bikes to I'm surprised they hold up so well.

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Klein was a great XC and road company. Granted they never did DH and were bought and closed by Trek. But to this day Trek still uses their aluminum trademark and the same damned chainstays that Klein did. Mutherfuckers...

@Gary, believe it or not, though your story may not be relevant, Trek is still using product from your story time. Lol!

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
View attachment 129466
yeah.... so Trek is using Klein chainstays from 2002??

Gonna need a reference for that
If you've owned them or worked on them, you don't need a reference. In 2001-03 both chainstays dropped near the front and we're welded. In '04 they dropped the drive side one so it swoops down and back up, but the disc side was made straight without a drop to it. To this day, the basic design is the same and the welds are in the same exact places. There are difference like the "floating shock pivot" and the abp, but the design is so similar that it's rediculous. The frames still crack in the same exact spot 15 years later - behind the front weld on the disc side.

Last edited: