Quantcast

Separation of Church and State?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
If separation of Church and State was originally meant to keep the Church out of State affairs then why, on nearly all of the monuments and places of law in our nations capital, is there scripture engraved in plain view of the public? If our founding fathers had known that their ideals would be so misconstrued by this generation they probably would have made their intentions much clearer.

discuss

T

Tenaciousle0

Obviously, seperation of church in state was only to prevent the establishment of a national religion, like the Church of England, so really all this crap going on now has no Constitutional basis.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Originally posted by Tenaciousle0
Obviously, seperation of church in state was only to prevent the establishment of a national religion, like the Church of England, so really all this crap going on now has no Constitutional basis.

good point, my view is that it was created to keep the state out of church affairs but contemporary law has distorted that ideal to abolish any influence the church may have on lawmakers.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Originally posted by eric strt6

And that my friend is a very good thing.

I don't want or need your church having any say in how my life is run. I prefer a neutral [in terms of religeous policy] government.
understood eric, but my question is why there is so much scripture on our government monuments if our forefathers meant for separation of church and state to mean what it does today.

i'm not saying that i want "religion" in politics either because organized "religion" as a whole is one of the biggest falacies (sp?) in our culture today. i'm just pointing out that maybe our contemporary, "enlightened" legal system could be mislead.