Quantcast

Server upgrade... Post issues here

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The Ridemonkey server was just upgraded. Please post issues here.

edit: search is re-enabled.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The New Posts bar no longer follows when scrolling on an iPhone 5S. I think it did before, at least with a wee scroll up to show it again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I can't replicate these issues and they sound like caching/cookie issues... Can you guys clear cache and try again?

Sorry, just not seeing them so it's hard to troubleshoot.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Found a misconfiguration in the caching module, might explain some issues but I'm not sure.

As said... Try it now.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can't replicate these issues and they sound like caching/cookie issues... Can you guys clear cache and try again?

Sorry, just not seeing them so it's hard to troubleshoot.
Still happens. Bar does not follow.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Still happens. Bar does not follow.
If it's the whole bar, you know you have a user preference to disable that, right? Make sure you didn't accidentally disable it in your preferences. Preferences > Enable Sticky Navigation.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If it's the whole bar, you know you have a user preference to disable that, right? Make sure you didn't accidentally disable it in your preferences. Preferences > Enable Sticky Navigation.
'tis still enabled there. Works fine on desktop for me just not on phone now.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'tis still enabled there. Works fine on desktop for me just not on phone now.
Honestly... I got nothin'. I'll look a little further when I get back to the States in a couple days, but I can't replicate it. It's a responsive layout not a dedicated mobile site, so just changing the browser width should replicate it. Can't get it to happen anywhere - two phones and a laptop.

Did you clear cache since I said we had a cache config issue? You could also try disabling it and reenabling it in your settings.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When I go to ridemonkey.com the site acts like I am not logged in. Menu has no option for login but if I click on the home link in the menu the site acts like I am logged in. This is in chrome on an Android phone.

Edit:. Seems like I am not logged in when only in the ride monkey.com domain. All seems ok in ridemonkey.bikemag.com

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@Westy Ah, it looks like some of the redirects we had in place for ridemonkey.com > ridemonkey.bikemag.com aren't working. I'll fix those. Thanks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
One minor issue with the "tools" button for my posts - its menu won't hide after clicking, blocking the content underneath, I.e when editing an existing post, the save button can't be reached.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
One minor issue with the "tools" button for my posts - its menu won't hide after clicking, blocking the content underneath, I.e when editing an existing post, the save button can't be reached.
Yeah, it's a bug with the latest framework. I've already reported it to the framework developer.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
When I go to ridemonkey.com the site acts like I am not logged in. Menu has no option for login but if I click on the home link in the menu the site acts like I am logged in. This is in chrome on an Android phone.

Edit:. Seems like I am not logged in when only in the ride monkey.com domain. All seems ok in ridemonkey.bikemag.com
I fixed the redirects so your old bookmarks/links should work again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
server upgrades seem to be causing random changes in people's avatars.

please look into this, posthaste !
I'm 99% sure it was a result of the (server-side) caching misconfiguration - your browser might have cached the wrong avatar. Try viewing the page in an Incognito or InPrivate browsing window and see if the avatar is correct. If it is, clear your cache.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Nevermind, just saw the avatar thing. I thought it had disappeared when we fixed the cache. Will check.

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
Was it possible before to search posts older than 2009?
I just tried and cannot get results older than 2009...

Edit: forget what I just wrote, I should upgrade myself instead...:bonk::imstupid:

Last edited: