Quantcast

Service Dogs, Medical Marijuana, and other overused security blankets

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I dont know which way to go with this one. An emotional support...hamster? Airline employee tells chick to flush it after denying her boarding with a carry on...hamster? Dumb girl actually flushes a...hamster? Thats what you get for flying Spirit I guess...

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html
GF's daughters hamster escaped (not an emotional support rodent just a pet one that shits everywhere) while we were high on shrooms one night (daughter was with the ex) looking for that damn thing in a 9 year olds bedroom was hilarious yet intense. Children's toys are colorful af!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think "hamsters" should be in the thread title, right after "dogs".

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I once spent an entire morning helping airport ops chase down someone's escaped pug. It's a lot harder than you might think, way out in the open. I bet a monkey is a lot worse.
A family member was moving from Tokyo back to the US, and his Great Dane got out on the tarmac, after the crate tipped over in the luggage processing area and the door popped open. That was a shit show.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A family member was moving from Tokyo back to the US, and his Great Dane got out on the tarmac, after the crate tipped over in the luggage processing area and the door popped open. That was a shit show.
I would expect German Sheppards to be the best at shit shows. awwwwwwwwwwwwww scheisse

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

It’s brews you can use.

Brooklyn resident Floyd Hayes, 47, registered a pint of beer as an emotional support animal with the USA Service Dog Registration in December, according to Ale Street News.

Brooklyn Paper reports that Hayes aims to use the certification to carry his beverage of choice — like, say, a seasonal IPA — on public transit.

“I travel from upstate to Brooklyn a lot, and on the bus they say it’s a federal crime to smoke or have an alcoholic beverage unless by prior written contest, and I always wondered where you get that consent,” Hayes, a creative director originally from England, told the publication. “Not that I’m an alcoholic,” he added.

But Hayes tells The Post he simply wants to see if this method will work.

“It was really just . . . an experiment,” he says, adding that it was a light-hearted move. “I’m not trying to make light on anybody who has any emotional issues.”

Hayes took to the service dog registration website to enter his beer as an emotional support dog. He ticked off “No Training Needed” as the training status of the dog and put that it was to help with his “Social Anxiety Disorder.”

“I don’t mean it in a heady mental health manner,” the Clinton Hill resident told the Brooklyn Paper. “More if you go to a party, and want to break the ice.”

But an unidentified USA Service Dog Registration employee told the paper that Hayes wouldn’t have much luck with his goal to commute with a six pack in tow.

“He can register his beer all day long, it’s not going to get him anywhere,” she said — adding that the use of an emotional support animal on transit or in a business requires medical approval.

But so far, Hayes tells The Post, so good. While waiting for the bus at a Brooklyn stop yesterday, he says, he had a glass of beer in hand.

“I was not approached by any law enforcement,” he adds.