Quantcast

shaturday gfmt...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
:)

as the title implies...

morning almost started poorly.

sitting at airport....wondering if i locked my car...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
some guy letting his kid piss for distance in the mens room urinal....

had to laugh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
one gate over a flight is delayed for a seat cleaning....annouced over gate intercom.

nope.

someone is getting lucky.

EDIT.....and that flight is a scratch.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Coffee, eat, ride, chill.
Same, same.

Got the dent on the wheel pulled out and somehow the tire held air and sealed up with some sealant. Though I haven't checked the shed it, maybe it exploded overnight.

Having coffee and watching some moimoitv.

Going to head out for a ride shortly. Looks like the sun is coming out AND it rained last night, so conditions should be mint.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Returning to a regimen of PT for my cripple shoulder. It's been giving me a lot of trouble lately and causing a fair amount of discomfort. Did an hour of really light weights and bands with the PT watching my technique and holy moly am I sore this morning. Which I suppose is the point.

Also took the single speed out yesterday for my first ride in quite a while. That was nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm Idaho. Didn't get to sleep until 1am and not it's... Yeah. This is the beginning of a long weekend.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey peep gang. Lazy Saturday followed by dance rehearsal followed by a highly-likely to be disappointing heavyweight fight. Fighting a bit of a cold myself so taking it easy on riding for now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
planed on sleeping in but the dog pack decided 0630 was a great time to play pile on dad in the bed. I guess I will get my shit together and go out for an easy road ride. My hip hematoma is too reactive to handle bouncing n the dirt. Afterwards its clean out the garage weekend, using up one of the 3 free junk pick up days the city gives us per year. Have to have the pile out at the curb Sunday night.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey peep gang. Lazy Saturday followed by dance rehearsal followed by a highly-likely to be disappointing heavyweight fight. Fighting a bit of a cold myself so taking it easy on riding for now.
is the Tyson thing finally happening?

/me shall haul the family to Golden. Eldest has a taekwondo tournament

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
never flying through chicago.

never.

again.
I fly through ORD at least 4x per month. It’s big and crowded, but at this point it’s the devil that I know. There’s so much random shit in that place that I can always find a quiet place to chill and something reasonable to eat.

Speaking of flying and eating, germtube mission yesterday was successful. Ate dinner with wifey at Higgins in downtown Portland. It was one of the best restaurant dinners I’ve had in a long time.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to the most miserable white woman in the world bitch about her flight on two seperate phone calls sitting in the food court.

new york accent in full glory.

i feel sorry for her vibrator.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Another shift in front of the post office hoping for the best. The only concern is 5 hours with no restroom, but the wife said she will relieve me at noon so I can go, I hope. It's only once a year, thank God.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You do realize that's kind of the purpose of airports, right? :think: :p
dude lives in charlotte...there are very few places domestically to which you cannot get a direct flight. not sure why he's at o'hare...

here, house stuff and coffee, then heading to rugby end of season picnic with kiddo. later taking him to pro rugby game. otherwise, chillin.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just don't know why the whole flying experience has been made to feel like shit. If they made it nice you wouldn't even mind if it was taking longer potentially.

Amazing May weather in Denmark. The ex-wife has the kids this week. So I did my first road ride of the year up along the coast to do a pitstop at my friends house on the coast. Its a very busy road route and I got lucky and hooked up with a group of fast riders pulling 25 miles per hour. Back not so fast on my one but a nice trip. My being on my own allowed me to take a nice long nap when I got back!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Morning poop did not materialize so I guess its a lunch poo today.

Temps are in the good range for outdoor activity. Hmm

Hadley rear hub shell was loose. I pulled the damn thing apart 2x and cleaned/oiled/reinstalled everything to find no change. I hate removing and installing rotors and cassettes for no good reason.

Called Hadley - they was like "you need a tool to set the preload" then they was like "whats your address so we can send said tool to you free of charge"

And then I was like, "damn, I need more Hadley hubs."

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning poop did not materialize so I guess its a lunch poo today.

Temps are in the good range for outdoor activity. Hmm

Hadley rear hub shell was loose. I pulled the damn thing apart 2x and cleaned/oiled/reinstalled everything to find no change. I hate removing and installing rotors and cassettes for no good reason.

Called Hadley - they was like "you need a tool to set the preload" then they was like "whats your address so we can send said tool to you free of charge"

And then I was like, "damn, I need more Hadley hubs."
Unless they've changed the design, you can use a standard pin spanner to set the preload. I forget which color Park was the correct one, but I did it that way for years.

Still cool of them to send you the tool for free.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Unless they've changed the design, you can use a standard pin spanner to set the preload. I forget which color Park was the correct one, but I did it that way for years.

Still cool of them to send you the tool for free.
He mentioned that to me but I do not have one of the Park pin spanners in my kit.

It's cool of them for sure. That hub shell play was driving me bonkers.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Brought home two gallons of freshly pressed apple cider from a party/wake/celebration today.
20240518_104637.jpg

Botanist/biology prof at Mrs Scrub's uni. He had several quite oooooold rebuilt/refurbished cider presses. Every fall he'd throw a big party with a massive crate of apples. Bring your own containers. His wife decided this was the kind of party he'd have liked for all his friends and family when gone.

Last edited: