Quantcast

Shaturday shenanigans

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, it’s fucking late/early again.
But I’m on cloud nine, knowing that I can do some sort of riding this summer.
I’ll take what I can get!
God knows we all can get depressed without endorphins or dopamine.
Ride later today in the closed (to traffic) Grand Teton National park, supposed to be absolutely gorgeous.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Ride later today in the closed (to traffic) Grand Teton National park, supposed to be absolutely gorgeous.
I had a pretty confronting chat with a guy at a trailhead a couple of weeks back, I'd seen him on his phone for at least an hour and got chatting to him at the end of my ride.
Turned out he was trying to talk a friend out of committing suicide, he said he's already lost three friends in the past twelve months from it.
I was hoping to get to the same spot tomorrow morning to see if the dude is there again to check if he'd be keen to go for a ride if I took a second bike, he said he'd been living out of his pickup for a bit. Times are fucking grim for a lot of people over here, and it doesn't look like improving any time soon.
My bike stopped working today, so there'll be no ride in the morning.

Some dickhead went on a killing spree in Sydney today, sadly he died so they'll probably not know why he wanted to shoot and stab innocent people.

Apologies for the grim post.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I had a pretty confronting chat with a guy at a trailhead a couple of weeks back, I'd seen him on his phone for at least an hour and got chatting to him at the end of my ride.
Turned out he was trying to talk a friend out of committing suicide, he said he's already lost three friends in the past twelve months from it.
I was hoping to get to the same spot tomorrow morning to see if the dude is there again to check if he'd be keen to go for a ride if I took a second bike, he said he'd been living out of his pickup for a bit. Times are fucking grim for a lot of people over here, and it doesn't look like improving any time soon.
My bike stopped working today, so there'll be no ride in the morning.

Some dickhead went on a killing spree in Sydney today, sadly he died so they'll probably not know why he wanted to shoot and stab innocent people.

Apologies for the grim post.
Seems like everyone who isn't resilient, resourceful AND lucky is being swept away. The winnowing.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Today I need to make the 4-hour round trip to Boston and back so I can check in for the race Monday. I am glad I live relatively close though. Most folks who run this race travel from all over and they need to book a hotel for at least three nights which runs upwards of $2,000. Meanwhile I get to sleep in my own bed and just pay $50 for the bus ride.

Wife and I did just commit $10,000 to some outside house renovations, so at least we've got that going for us.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Ugh can’t seem to shake this head cold. My fitness sucks. . . I know I shouldn’t but this whole bullshit suit thing is really bothering me. I am in a funk.

Delivering some seed this morning then a daddy daughter dance later.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Dude that’s awesome !

If I wasn’t thru hiking this year I’d be looking at a very depressing summer of no riding. I’m six months into a year long recovery, my elbow is about 75% and the thumb is at 0-10%. So hopefully I can ride when I finish my hike. Can you imagine not getting to put all that leg power into the pedals ? Won’t have any skills left but I should be able to snap a set of cranks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I should mow the lawns

haven’t started watering them but they’re looking fairly decent already from fall overseeding, aeration, and the like

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I blew out my back moving the old couch before the new ones got here because I'm old and stubborn. I saw my which doctor yesterday and will again Monday and likely Wednesday. The wife thinks I'm too crippled to mow, I will show her.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Glad I was able to get some rock down on the driveway before it dumped rain. would be a mess otherwise

DJI_0028.jpeg

not much on the agenda other than starting to draw up some houseplans that will fit with the property

ended up with a triangle at 150 feet across on the bottom and 110’ of view line to the west, kinda figured it would be complete custom.

got hydroseeders lined up for next week

that’s all I got

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
going to auto bell for a detail and vowing never to eat in the car again.

first....snacks for the wait.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Lazy shaturday. Was going to ride, but the wind is howling; chairs in the backyard are blowing all over, neighbors are out reattaching the siding on part of their house etc. Normally I'd go anyways, but there have been a lot of trees falling as of late..

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so I was checking out at Costco—usual shopping run plus extra Tire Center business to get all seasons back on the minivan

anyway, the guy ahead of me was all “Toshi Clark?” He is one of my online-only threads buddies and recognized me. I am famous

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
people not tipping the guy who is detailing your car...

the two kids who were in my car were shocked i gave them 25 each....

they said most people do not...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
mowed, weeded, schlepped kids...not feeling like going for a ride but am going to anyway because i'm sure i'll be glad i did afterwards and it's 73* and sunny. brb.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Alright... Qualified 17th/40, finished 14th. There was a huge disadvantage to weight and height with these new karts. The driver size consistently went down as the groups went up. She was in Group B and the whole group was 6" and probably 20#+ lighter than her. The final were all <4'10" with exception of one CO kid whose been racing since he was 6 (massive skill). When the CO kids, who are all bigger, were actually in race situations they all gained 3+ positions. Only one other kid had a position gain across the board. She's not happy, but at 14th nationally and the best girl by two groups, she's okay.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Store run complete. Lawn mowed. Vehicles washed. Van ready for trip Wednesday…And before any gets all excited we are only going to visit family in Kansas City. I know, I know, pretty sweet for riding er I mean bbq. Trying to pin down a few riding spots on the way out though.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Cleared some trees and brush under the power lines, cleaned up some where the tenant house used to be, with the cats careening about as lunatics, all puffed up. A good afternoon.
I too cleared some brush, at least until I discovered a mallard duck had made a nest in my burn pile. I shall have to abandon that area this year.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Cargo biked to and from a concert. Unleashed dog fun on way out. Theremin is a weird ass instrument