Quantcast

Shimano XTR Trail 2011

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I really need to try XTR trail levers on some bike. I dont really like that kind of levers (prefer saint style) but if it is lighter and works why the hell not.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Ya see the barrel on top of the lever with the orange cap on the end? That's the reservoir. The orange cap has a tiny hole in it to allow the bladder to expand. It probably has less capacity than the Saint lever has. The bleed screw has to sit on top of the reservoir, and it does.

Last edited:

Tom L

Chimp
Dec 29, 2010
Anymore feedback from people running xtr/saint combos? How much was the weight saving? And does it matter which hose kit you use?

pillete

Monkey
Mar 25, 2005
Anymore feedback from people running xtr/saint combos? How much was the weight saving? And does it matter which hose kit you use?
According to shimano tech support, you should be able to use the current Saint hose. Apparently the new hose kits use a different banjo fitting that will not fit the Saint caliper.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
Ya see the barrel on top of the lever with the orange cap on the end? That's the reservoir. The orange cap has a tiny hole in it to allow the bladder to expand. It probably has less capacity than the Saint lever has. The bleed screw has to sit on top of the reservoir, and it does.
This is the hole that for me has sprung a leak in two different xtr levers. Anyone have a guess to why?