Quantcast

ship dh bike from Canada to US

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I think this has been posted before but, I need to ship a bike from Canada to the US. Quebec to Maryland. The UPS guy gave me a quote of $215 (255 cad) dollars to ship and I think I said "go f yourself" out loud. Is there a better way?

Btw its for a full 40 lb bike bike.

Thanks

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
last time I shipped one it was about $175-200 through fed X....I doubt you can find anything under $175...you get screwed going the other way...I use to ship bikes from the states to Canada all the time for about 75-100 fully insured!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Postal service is almost always the cheapest way to go international.
I think they basically just take the package to the border and hand it off. Way cheaper than UPS.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Check Greyhound too. They Whistler bike I bought got shipped from there to Montreal for $100. I'm sure there's a hefty brokerage fee to get it over the border...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It's about $100 for frame only in a frame box, so $175 or so for a complete bike sounds about right with UPS. Postal service will not ship full bikes as they are over the dimension and weight limits.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Yeah that price is probably right now. I shipped a FS DS bike a few years ago from the East coast to Whistler and it was around 120. So, unfortunately, that price is probably right. Just ride it there, it wont take too long eh?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
What about shipping to a friend in Oregon and them USPS shipping from there.? Would that work? I've got a friend who is in Canada who can pick up a bike for me if I buy it or have it.sent.to his house. But he flies out.to.the US.

And.we aren't good enough friends to ask him to fly it back on the plane with him

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What about shipping to a friend in Oregon and them USPS shipping from there.? Would that work? I've got a friend who is in Canada who can pick up a bike for me if I buy it or have it.sent.to his house. But he flies out.to.the US.

And.we aren't good enough friends to ask him to fly it back on the plane with him
Dude 3 year old post. The 'tard is strong with this one.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I did a thread search so I didn't create a new one and the title was dead specific. I want to snag a Gromhit from Canada. I know a guy who lives at Whistler and the other guy who has it has a cabin there. I'm trying to figure out if getting my friend to to pick it up versus trying to talk the owner into shipping will save me money.

Most up there aren't willing to ship to the US and I guess I can't blame them. What happens if you're from the US and go to Whistler and come back with a bike you bought there? Does border patrol know if you went across with one bike and came back with two?

I can literally pick one up for $450.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
....had thought of having my frined take delivery of it and then ship it to me, but realized he'd have to go through the hassle of filling out customs paperwork. And we aren't that close of buddies to ask for that big of a favor.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I can't imagine that they would know whether or not you came into the country with it. Just try it. Worst case you eat the customs charges.