Quantcast

Shiver sc

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I've never tried one but from what I've read, there seems to be a consensus about the fact that it is pure hype. Go for it if you really care about the look and you need a sexy fork.

It is supposed to be flexy, pricy, short in travel and heavy. But maybe somebody else have tried one and will have something to add to this.

But it IS a really sexy fork!!!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by FlipSide
I've never tried one but from what I've read, there seems to be a consensus about the fact that it is pure hype. Go for it if you really care about the look and you need a sexy fork.

It is supposed to be flexy, pricy, short in travel and heavy. But maybe somebody else have tried one and will have something to add to this.

But it IS a really sexy fork!!!
hmmm. where have I heard that exact quote....oh yeah, I think it was Mountain Bike magazine, don't believe everything you read. Well I actually own the fork and so far I think it is heavy (5.83lbs.) but it rides nice and is plenty stiff for me.

As for it being pricey...it's still cheaper than a Supernova. As for it being short on travel...I have been able to get a full 5"...I have only had the fork about 5 days though...so I can get into more detail in about a month. I will be racing it at the next Fontana race so it should be interesting to see how it holds up...till then....D

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by BMXman

hmmm. where have I heard that exact quote....oh yeah, I think it was Mountain Bike magazine, don't believe everything you read. Well I actually own the fork and so far I think it is heavy (5.83lbs.) but it rides nice and is plenty stiff for me.

As for it being pricey...it's still cheaper than a Supernova. As for it being short on travel...I have been able to get a full 5"...I have only had the fork about 5 days though...so I can get into more detail in about a month. I will be racing it at the next Fontana race so it should be interesting to see how it holds up...till then....D
Thanks for sharing your actual knowledge about that fork BMXman.

I don't read any magazines. I was talking about what I read here and on Empty Beer... I prefer to read comments from (most of the peoples) here and (a few) peoples on Empty Beer. Peoples like you here who actually ride the stuff can give a more trustable (is that a word?) opinion than a mag IMO.

Maybe I should just have shut my mouth about the Shiver SC... But I think I made it clear that I've never tried one and that I was hoping for somebody who ows one to had a comment.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by FlipSide

Thanks for sharing your actual knowledge about that fork BMXman.

I don't read any magazines. I was talking about what I read here and on Empty Beer... I prefer to read comments from (most of the peoples) here and (a few) peoples on Empty Beer. Peoples like you here who actually ride the stuff can give a more trustable (is that a word?) opinion than a mag IMO.

Maybe I should just have shut my mouth about the Shiver SC... But I think I made it clear that I've never tried one and that I was hoping for somebody who ows one to had a comment.
no biggie...you can never have to much information...oh and I think the word you need is "trustworthy"...but just like mags what I wrote is just one persons opinion...the best research is riding it yourself.......ride on.....D

Browncow

Chimp
Aug 10, 2001
Ottawa, Ontario
Man, its finally good to hear someone else say something good about the shiver SC... I really think that its a fine fork. I've just played with it in the bike store a bit, but I was really impressed. It flexes a bit, but less than my Z5. The HSCV damping feels very impressive, and the fork looks and feels like it could take a heavy beating. There is no fore-aft flex, and the only torsional flex is near the top it seems. I guess that's what you get when you use 30mm stanchions with no brake arch. As pointed out above, it is a cheaper fork than the supernova, and it will be MUCH cheaper than the dorado SC.