Quantcast

Shock Hardware

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I am confuse. My Nomad 3 is eating rear DU bushings at the rear end. It appears my shock hardware is toast. I have the stock aluminum version, which, according to this:

http://bikesheet.com/bikes/2015SantaCruzNomadCCC1StandardSMLXL.html

is 22mmx8mm. What dimensions are these?

I have a Monarch Plus shock.

I'd really like to upgrade to something which will last longer, and word is there are stainless steel hardware kits available.

Anyone have a preferred source for such things? My local suspension shop has been less than helpful.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
22mm is the width of the bushing. 8mm is the nominal size of the bolt that goes through it.

Fox does, or at least did, make stainless ones that should work.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van

Nipple cables and rectal electrodes sold separately.
And where am I supposed to get those???

22mm is the width of the bushing. 8mm is the nominal size of the bolt that goes through it.

Fox does, or at least did, make stainless ones that should work.
Yeah, a few more minutes of googling answered that... It's just the different arrangements of DU vs. the hardware that seem to be more varied.

I hear that the nylon "top hat" bushings with a SS pin last a long time, but then the dimensions would be different, I'd think.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Newer Fox and RS shocks use interchangeable hardware, you should be able to do a straight swap.

Alternately, if you get a Fox set with the stainless reducer, you could then use that with a RS DU bushing and the aluminum outer spacers from the RS setup.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I replaced the stock monarch+ ptfe/brass bushings with the newer style 2-piece delrin, seem to be holding up better, especially since I just determined I have play on my RC4 and need to replace one more of the old style, although that shock has one of each and it might be the newer one, haven't gotten that far in it yet. I did find the RS shock to be ever so slightly skinnier, it's close, but I ordered some .15mm shimz off of amazon.