Quantcast

short lock-on grips for SRAM. where to get 'em?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
anyone know where i can pick up some Ruffian grips for the lock-on system in the shorter size? i've searched around to no luck. finding the longer ones is not an issue and i can run those on my left side of the bar, but can't on the right; otherwise the brake lever would be way too far in.

i got the short rogue grips a while back but can't remember where i got them, and i like the ruffians a bit more now.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
I made mine.

I had Ruffians. Didn't care for them. Slippery when wet.

I picked up normal length Intense. I've found they are pretty good grips wet/dry... . I & cut off the inner "donut" side w/ a dremel. Works great w/ one collar on the outside.

But, eventually I fancy w/ some Danger Boy end caps. So, now it is set up w/ the stock collars clamping on the inside and DB caps on the outside. Been doing this for a couple of years almost. No problems at all. Plus you can kind of custom size them...

Easy, quick, works.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
narlus said:
anyone know where i can pick up some Ruffian grips for the lock-on system in the shorter size? i've searched around to no luck. finding the longer ones is not an issue and i can run those on my left side of the bar, but can't on the right; otherwise the brake lever would be way too far in.

i got the short rogue grips a while back but can't remember where i got them, and i like the ruffians a bit more now.

any bike shop with a BTI account (www.bti-usa.com) should be able to get the 90mm lock ons for you. right now 90mm gripshift lentgh grips are avail in both rogue and ruffian flavor.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
KleinMp99 said:
:nope: Their not the lock ons.
Yes, they are. Go up a level in the menu; the abstract (what you see before you click on the item) describes them as such. Edit: Hell, don't even bother. It says so right in the product description itself: Product Description
For the racer in need of ultimate front-end sensitivity, ODI’s Ruffian is a narrow profile grip with a sticky diamond pattern surface. Like all ODI grips, the Ruffian is compatible with the non-slip Lockjaw system.

And it's "they're" :nope:

MD