Quantcast

Should I peel?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
The "NASCAR" 9 on my Yeti is kinda peeling off. Should I just peel the whole damned thing off and just leave the "Yeti" logo on the down tube?

I do have a complete replacement sticker kit I can give to whomever I sell the bike to in the future (if they decide it's important to them).

So I would have a blank mono-coque. Shall I peel away?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Oh heck just peel all the dang stickers off and get some b!tchin custon vinal stickers made that say yet in gothic lettering now that would make me bone

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Hrm, depends how elaborate you wanted to get... I'd be tempted to peel the "yeti" sticker off the downtube, and get custom stickers made up, to say "Yeti", but have the lettering shaped so it fits in the triangular part of that frame from headtube to toptube (think of the Manitou lettering on their X-Vert carbons). Might take a bit of work designing it, but it'd look pretty cool IMO.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Mike dude, what the hell is up with your chainguide? ROtate that bad boy so that the 2 bolts on the top slider are at 12 O clock in relation to the BB center!

Also, yeah, you should do the right thing and peel the teal. Anything teal must go!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
dw said:
Mike dude, what the hell is up with your chainguide? ROtate that bad boy so that the 2 bolts on the top slider are at 12 O clock in relation to the BB center!

Also, yeah, you should do the right thing and peel the teal. Anything teal must go!
Holy crap you're right! I wonder when that happened. This sounds stupid but i almost want to say that I did it when I was hosing the bike down after. I think I hooked the hose on it and I yanked it out of position. Because when I put the bike down in the ground again, it wouldn't roll properly, and the chain kept getting caught . I was too tired to figure out what the problem was. I guess that's it!!

Mr. Goodwrench

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Acadian said:
did Yeti reply to you're e-mail? Sorry to hear, that really blows! especially right before N* opening weekend :(
I suppose yeti is on the east coast for the nationals... I don't know the dates of those races, but I don't think they will be back in the office for awhile. Stoney said that it's not that big of a deal and is due to the fact that it was machined too much and it was done to a whole run of them and it's a known problem, but doesn't effect the strength of the bike. So I'm gonna get my shock back from push hopefully before northstar, get my brakes worked on, and then I'll be at northstar... :dead:

Attachments