Quantcast

should recreational use of marijuana be legal?

N I C K

Chimp
Jun 12, 2005
Sunapee, NH
Ciaran said:
Shhhh... Keep your "thinkin" to yourself. Me and N8 don't wanna hear it!

How stoned are you, hippy? You make less sense than N8! The whole point of being a cannabis cartel is to NOT have to get a regular job!

:thumb:

I found your number... I gotta call you today man. It's getting weird around here...

What so because im for legalization or marijuana, and i have bob marley as my avatar, that automatically makes me a hippy? what a ****in stereotype. There would be no drug cartel if drugs were made legal, no way around that.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
N I C K said:
What so because im for legalization or marijuana, and i have bob marley as my avatar, that automatically makes me a hippy? what a ****in stereotype. There would be no drug cartel if drugs were made legal, no way around that.
Well, at the young republican meeting N8 gave a presentation on the dangers of drugs. He said that pot makes you a hippy. Don't get so riled up man. Smoke a bowl and relax.

This trolling thing is fun. Heh heh... cause I've NEVER smoked pot! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clue:

Jun 15, 2006
i just dont understand how we can go to the gas station and buy beer(think about that, gas and beer at the same place) but we cant buy pot. seems just plain stupid and youd think the whole fake bad info about it would stop and the gov would make money on iot like cigs and alckeehol

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
N I C K said:
There would be no drug cartel if drugs were made legal, no way around that.
I beg to differ. I used to think drug legalization (all drugs, not just MJ) would eliminate problems, too...but in thinking about it, I realized that-

If drugs were regulated and taxed, that would add expense. Drug addicts (real addicts, not the occasional user), unless they're rich, will spring for the cheapest stuff they can get...which will be the illegal stuff which is smuggled in along the same routes it's smuggled now, and from which the drug growers will reap more profit than by going through regulated channels.

Basically, it won't change anything except for allowing rich drug users and addicts to use legally, while the poor will still suffer the same social and financial effects they suffer from the use of drugs now.

And any addict who has lost the ability to function in society (crack'll do that) and work to buy his drugs will still turn to crime to feed his habit.

There's a good reason hard drugs are illegal...the societal cost outweighs the rather minimal personal intrusion on your freedom resulting from drug laws.

I think pot should be legal, taxed, and regulated, because it doesn't have the same widespread societal costs. And since it's not addictive in the same way that harder drugs are, it won't suffer the scenario I outlined above (to an extreme, anyhow)...people want pot, they don't generally need. I think, by and large, that most people who use pot use it regardless of its legality, and the vast majority who use it don't become burnt-out potheads. Some do, and it's fun to laugh at them, of course, but it's certainly not any worse than alcohol.

I'm sure people would grow their own, untaxed pot even if it was illegal, so long as its use was legal...and some people would sell it illegally for sure. I think we could live with that.

Personally, I don't touch the stuff, but hey, there are worse things than pot. Like Phish. Ugggghhhhhh.

MD