Quantcast

^^Shun Dray Funnies GMT ^^

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Coffee in hand. Back is definitely not as sore as I was worried it would be, but riding probably isn't in the cards. Gonna try some yoga and see where things are.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Despite a litter box being an open door away (which he does use) the kitten has pissed on the bed, again. Good thing we have a huge washer and dryer...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Getting a roadie in shortly to first ride the new bike. Watching F1 right now... shit show.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Easy morning, take a ride, fire up the grill later. Ahhh.
99% sure I have the Mojo HD3 sold. Guy checked it out yesterday and loved it. Nice upgrade from his hardtail.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
coffee and yogurt for breakfast in the camper. just about to walk over to the show office and pick up a radio on my way to the first aid station. My legs are trashed from yesterdays walking around and then riding up the canyon to the ridgeline. Got woken up at 3 am by some kid crying his ass off in a RV on the other side of the parking area:banghead:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Easy morning, take a ride, fire up the grill later. Ahhh.
99% sure I have the Mojo HD3 sold. Guy checked it out yesterday and loved it. Nice upgrade from his hardtail.
When did you get an Ibis.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today's ride ended pretty quickly. Can't say I want to do that again... The thunder was cracking and vibrating everything.

Of course after busting my ass back to the car getting pegged by ice, the sun has come out. :rolleyes:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today's ride ended pretty quickly. Can't say I want to do that again... The thunder was cracking and vibrating everything.

Of course after busting my ass back to the car getting pegged by ice, the sun has come out. :rolleyes:
Thank goodness you weren't on a dentist bike, carbon isn't rated for hail damage

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got up early to get my tiring 12 mile run done so I could tag along with the wife to a Santa Cruz demo that started at 9:00. Figured it'd be a short little demo ride but we ended up doing 11 miles of slow technical, climby trails. Now I am :dead: . Wife wanted to try the Tallboy and 5010, which she got to do. She still likes the Yeti 4.5 better. I rode the same bikes (though larger, obv). It's hard to really tell whether or not I liked them just because of how tired my legs were from the get go.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got up early to get my tiring 12 mile run done so I could tag along with the wife to a Santa Cruz demo that started at 9:00. Figured it'd be a short little demo ride but we ended up doing 11 miles of slow technical, climby trails. Now I am :dead: . Wife wanted to try the Tallboy and 5010, which she got to do. She still likes the Yeti 4.5 better. I rode the same bikes (though larger, obv). It's hard to really tell whether or not I liked them just because of how tired my legs were from the get go.
Have you picked out your new bike?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Afternoon Monkies! Last night's festivities included plenty of single malt scotch of the 10, 12 and 14 year varieties. My plan was to drink lightly so I went with the rocks... so fucking good on a warm summer night. I did not feel hungover but getting started today was a challange. Nap time came early.

My only goal today was finding a PFD, a new can of bear spray and a family friendly pair of swim trunks. Success. Now I am making black bean jicama salad.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Afternoon Monkies! Last night's festivities included plenty of single malt scotch of the 10, 12 and 14 year varieties. My plan was to drink lightly so I went with the rocks... so fucking good on a warm summer night. I did not feel hungover but getting started today was a challange. Nap time came early.
Wife brought this back for me from Scotland. Sooooooo good.

Should I happen to make Montana monkeyfest (doubtful at this time) I'll bring a flask full for you to return the favor from the NoDak Fest.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wife brought this back for me from Scotland. Sooooooo good.

Should I happen to make Montana monkeyfest (doubtful at this time) I'll bring a flask full for you to return the favor from the NoDak Fest.
Not making Montana Monkey Fest was never an option... At the very least you can motor up on your scooter. I can arrange a mid level full squishy in your size (large?) to be available for the duration. You could fly into Bozeman with all ground transportation provided. It would be like the Price is Right without the fat ladies.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Destroyed after 63 road miles climbing two different mountains with a good chunk on gravel roads.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
jstulmans place of employment is in dentist country.
dammit man-tell me when you're going there so i can leave you some passes!
it's probably actually more investment banker than dentist...both locations

for some reason we're having a bonfire? mmmmmkay.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dammit man-tell me when you're going there so i can leave you some passes!
it's probably actually more investment banker than dentist...both locations
no need for passes....more than happy to pay...my parents had a print/copy/whatever "christinas world" hanging in the house ever since i could remember....

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not making Montana Monkey Fest was never an option... At the very least you can motor up on your scooter. I can arrange a mid level full squishy in your size (large?) to be available for the duration. You could fly into Bozeman with all ground transportation provided. It would be like the Price is Right without the fat ladies.
More of a PTO issue than anything else. We're in the process of planning a big Europe trip for my 40th next year. These plans include hoarding money and vacation time. It is my intention to take at least a month off. Though I sincerely appreciate your offer. I may take you up on it still, but I'll need to sit down and do some PTO math first.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
More of a PTO issue than anything else. We're in the process of planning a big Europe trip for my 40th next year. These plans include hoarding money and vacation time. It is my intention to take at least a month off. Though I sincerely appreciate your offer. I may take you up on it still, but I'll need to sit down and do some PTO math first.
40th is overrated.
(OTOH, I celebrated it with meeting monkeys at Maah-daah-hey)

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Attempted a ride down Kachess ridge today. I knew there was snow and just planned on a bunch of hike a bike. A nice 4000ft of climbing to get foiled by a steep ass off camber chunk of ice. No way around, no way not to die. Had to roll back via fire road. So on a day where some places were seeing 100 degree temps I was foiled by fucking snow.

Still beats a day at work.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Attempted a ride down Kachess ridge today. I knew there was snow and just planned on a bunch of hike a bike. A nice 4000ft of climbing to get foiled by a steep ass off camber chunk of ice. No way around, no way not to die. Had to roll back via fire road. So on a day where some places were seeing 100 degree temps I was foiled by fucking snow.

Still beats a day at work.
Have you ridden Suntop, Skookum Flats, and/or Noble Knob?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I bought a power washer today. All three cars are shiny. 12 car washes and it's break-even.