Quantcast

Shuttle Service and new DH Trails for Kingdom Trails

knight

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
These are legal, maintained trails on Burke mtn in VT. They descend 3000 feet to the village of East Burke. Where else in the northeast can you find dh runs that last 30 minutes + ? There is a paved road to the summit and a new shuttle service on weekends. Just show up and ride. If you check out the Kingdom Trails website, dont be fooled, they are traditionally an xc destination and the website reflects it.

Hustler

Chimp
Feb 13, 2009
These trails are awesome - it's worth the drive from (pretty much) Toronto a few times a summer!

knight

Chimp
Feb 12, 2009
All right, so I got some crap in other forums for posting this thread just as a way to promote myself. So if you clicked on this thread and thought the same, you're right, this is an advertisement. Im starting a shuttle service that accesses some of the best trails in the northeast, Kingdom Trails, East Burke, VT. I have a limited marketing budget so I thought that a mountain bike forum was an appropriate venue to get the word out. I will eventually have a slick website but right now my primary concern is to make sure that riders know about a safe, legal and reliable ride up Burke mtn. Im not looking to get rich, Im just a guy, like you, who's passion is mountain biking. The bottom line is, come to East Burke Village any weekend this summer (june-october) , bring 20 bucks for the shuttle and 10 for kingdom trails. I will offer single rides for $5. My personal xc epic ride starts at the top. If you dont want to spend the cash for the shuttle, drive to the top yourself (Burke charges a toll). If you come midweek with a group, charter shuttles will be available. If you come midweek by yourself, drop me a line and Ill line you up with a ride if I can (the East Burke Sports guys ride after 6 almost every day. My name is Knight # 802 777 5778 email trisox@hotmail.com

From the summit you have the choice of three trails. One is new this season, another is intermediate, (comparable to eastern hemlock) and the last is super tech with mandatory drops, gaps and very steep fall line riding. These trails descend about 1000 feet and are strictly downhill. At this point the trail crosses the toll road so you can catch the shuttle to the top again or continue down. There are 5 trails to choose from, all intermediate with flow factor that's off the charts. After you get to the bottom of any of these you will have descended another 1000 feet for a total of 2000 vertical and you will again have the option to catch the shuttle back up. But wait! Its not over yet, from here you have the option of 2 trails that take you down the remaining 1000+/- feet to the village of East Burke.
The routes I've laid out here are just the runs that you can access with gravity. If you are willing to pedal there are many more options available.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Looking good Knight. I can't wait to get back down there this season just with a little smaller of a bike.

These trails are bada$$ and Knight is a great dude.

Let me know if you need any decals for the biz dude.