Quantcast

Shuttling in Santa Cruz... Read This

wXman

Chimp
Aug 30, 2004
San Jose, CA
BTW.....went down MC today...whoa

MAD props to whomever did the trail work out there...very sick indeed!

My boys (twin stinky P's) are anxious to hit it up as well as they haven't been out since MB's got the axe in August. Glad to hear it's received some love as well. I SWEAR I won't hunt down this "zeee" trial :sneaky:

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
hey my friend i did some work to some trails. on one of them we made it so that his girl friend ( who is not good at riding but she trys) could get over a log easyer and we a going to do even more work to it soon

crashnscar

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Mt. View, CA
Can anyone please tell me specific instructions on how we are supposed to shuttle now? I know the old way, but have no clue about the new way.

Anything else I should know before going on Friday (haven't been in a month or so).

Raacerx

Monkey
crashnscar said:
Can anyone please tell me specific instructions on how we are supposed to shuttle now? I know the old way, but have no clue about the new way.

Anything else I should know before going on Friday (haven't been in a month or so).
the original way.

Up highway 1 north, right on Highland after Hwy 1 turns into Mission, left on High street, continue on High past the UC, turns into Empire Grade, continue up Empire Grade till you get to the twin gates and the big meadow. There is parking above and below the gates.

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
DhDunkeY said:
Jim are you talking about joey and his GF?
yes sam i am

and just so everybody knows, things were cool up at the top of the road for a while. But then i was going to the top to do trail work on saterday and some people saw us with shovels and stuff and they were asking us about it. my friend said something (i cant rember) and we were off. while we were on the trail doing the work, a rider came down the trail that we know and he said poeple were taking pictures of his car. so he called his mom she came and got it. everything turnd out to be fine.

i hope everything is spelt right

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
IronJim said:
yes sam i am

and just so everybody knows, things were cool up at the top of the road for a while. But then i was going to the top to do trail work on saterday and some people saw us with shovels and stuff and they were asking us about it. my friend said something (i cant rember) and we were off. while we were on MC doing the work, a rider came down the trail that we know and he said poeple were taking pictures of his car. so he called his mom she came and got it. everything turnd out to be fine.

and we bulit a jump over a burm on MC and the jump is really nice. it isnt lined up percet but if you look at the landing when you go off you will be fine

i hope everything is spelt right
Maybe you should be more careful when carrying shovels in.....
you should try to not be seen carrying them in.

By the way I rode MC on sunday

I think you guys should leave it alone, its fine the way it is.

I came across some kids building jumps.....
mainly one that is a trail gap..... which I might add looks fun.

I think now is a good time to stop building, its been improved, lets not get too carried away, and have it get torn down.

hmmmm ...... maybe I'm starting to learn from my greedy mistakes in the past... :nuts:

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
those kids were me and my friends.

and when we were carrying the shovels, the people in the house to the right of the dirt road were outside moving stuff. so it wasnt hard for them to see us, none of them were talking so we didnt hear them

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
why do you care so much matt??

Is it because you had to leave early???... because you hurt your foot but still wanted to go for a ride the next day??? is that it... NO it isnt, you just wanted to get out of working and then we came up with a good idea. thats it isnt it

no i am just kidding, Matt
Just dont worie about what i say

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
Matt the answer is D) i tell people about it so i can get there opinion about stuff that i bulid

and if i were buliding a trail from scratch i would not tell people that i dont know about it.

B_LOWrider

Monkey
Aug 18, 2004
Santa cruz
jim your so irsponcible... :nope: huh...and matt down (J/k i dont want any of your rath :devil: ).Lets stop fighting over this on internet but seriously Jim it doesnt need to be posted.

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
ya, but it still isn't a very good idea to talk about it over the internet, you never know who could be lookin at the forums... :sneaky:

But, I really like what you did on the trail, it's wayy better than it was. :thumb:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
YOu Know Jim, you might have built some jumps, or I guess your friends did because you're pretty worthless. I am a little concerned that you are taking credit for all of the work done on the trail in question. As far as I know Evan Terpain (spelling) and Bevers built most of the new jumps and berms! Why are you claiming that you did? You need to knock that off!

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i am not claiming that. the jump and the brems on the lower half i had nothing to do with. but the rest i did help with, same with b lowrider and jestere, along with someone else. i understand the misunderstanding thought and i do not hold it against you

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
i have a queastion for everybody

do you really think that there are people on this site that are out to get us. for example: when we say a trail name, do you think someone is going to come after you, or rangers are going to go and tear it down. or someone is going to report some thing to the police.

i am not only talking about those specific examples, but also things related to them.
i am not talking about a specific person either, i just want to know if people really think this

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Jim, it's specific not pisific.

Yes, I do think people are watching, or at least they might come across it one day and since it's all saved right here it can be used against you later. That's all, right what you like but if you are smart...

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
IronJim said:
do you really think that there are people on this site that are out to get us. for example: when we say a trail name, do you think someone is going to come after you, or rangers are going to go and tear it down. or someone is going to report some thing to the police.
If I were someone who wanted to close down a trail, or find out who was riding it and when so I'd be likely to catch them in the act, or just wanted to find the location of some "secret trail", the first thing I'd do would be to type in the trail name into Google. Playing devil's advocate, I just did that. I'm not going to say exactly what words I used, but basically it's the name of a trail that has been thrown around here a lot, the name of the town, and "bike". Pretty basic. Guess what one of the links was that came up on the first page? A post by one "IronJim"... :)

The point is, the internet allows some amount of anonymity which makes people think they can post whatever they want, but just remember that it's *public* which means that *anyone* can read it.

WaveDude

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
TX
IronJim said:
I know for a FACT that anti-bike people look at these sites so you need to watch what you say.

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
I honestly think these trails arent "secret" all a ranger or a sheriff has to do is walk around to find them, saying a trail name wont effect anything.I think that the authoritys dont care much about this situation but if they see you they will enforce the law. I've only been on a few rides and have never encountered a ranger.But i really have no say in this because i am not very knowledgeable on this problem. And i would appreciate it if someone would inlighten me a little thanks alot.

:D

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
There is a difference between saying something and typing it on the WWW. Do what you think is prudent and so will I.

Read the thread if you want to be enlightened, there is plenty of good info here for starters.

Welcome to RM! :)