Quantcast

-> Sin day WTFU <-

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Dull and drab day. Kids mercifully slept in, so time change isn't going to have a huge effect. I'm getting ready to bring my boy to the farm museum.

I'm finally feeling like ive shaken the cold that gripped me for the last three weeks. I will try and ride later... But the past week of constant rain will surely have made things messy. And the fact that the park is closed due to a storm that knocked down trees and will also make it a bit tricky.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dull and drab day. Kids mercifully slept in, so time change isn't going to have a huge effect. I'm getting ready to bring my boy to the farm museum.

I'm finally feeling like ive shaken the cold that gripped me for the last three weeks. I will try and ride later... But the past week of constant rain will surely have made things messy. And the fact that the park is closed due to a storm that knocked down trees and will also make it a bit tricky.
We let our kids stay up past their bed times to help with the time change. Seems to have worked.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We put our kids in bed at the usual time, changed the time on their Ok to Wake clock before leaving the room, and told them they needed to stay in until the green light was on. Wife took pity on them at 6:30 new time (15 minutes before the light) but overall the stratagem worked.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Preroll worked. We drank a $400 bottle of wine. I left my Bike outside unlocked. Picked up a bag of Miller Genuine Draft pounder Cans out of the Bongshed. I have wet clothes that are not mine on the floor in my Apartment. Kleenex everywhere. Remote was in the Fridge along with a sixpack of Yuengling? Leftover Bowls of Frito Pie all over the place. The Bowls are not from my house? I did not have the makings of Frito Pie at my house? The Bottle of Franks I just bought is empty along with the Bottle of Titos I got for my Birthday.
Party.jpg

Random Pic from my phone from the Bongshed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Preroll worked. We drank a $400 bottle of wine. I left my Bike outside unlocked. Picked up a bag of Miller Genuine Draft pounder Cans out of the Bongshed. I have wet clothes that are not mine on the floor in my Apartment. Kleenex everywhere. Remote was in the Fridge along with a sixpack of Yuengling? Leftover Bowls of Frito Pie all over the place. The Bowls are not from my house? I did not have the makings of Frito Pie at my house? The Bottle of Franks I just bought is empty along with the Bottle of Titos I got for my Birthday. View attachment 138271
Random Pic from my phone from the Bongshed.
Not too late for you to head to the pharmacy for a morning after pill if you think you might have made a bad decision last night.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
60* and sunny. slept in. ate pancakes and bacon and drank all teh coffees. mid-day bike ride was great success. now drinking porterz and making kids blow the leaves. pondering mountains monday since fuckit friday weather looks crappy.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cold.

Swapped the winter tires on this morning. Then rode local spot after. Lots of trees down from recent winds. :(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We have about 50-60 downed trees on our network. :(
Damn that sucks. Not as bad here, but there are trees down everywhere because of the recent winds.

But hey, at least it isn't snowing.... or is it over by you guys?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Damn that sucks. Not as bad here, but there are trees down everywhere because of the recent winds.

But hey, at least it isn't snowing.... or is it over by you guys?
We had an inch of snow this am. Melted now. But it is coming...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Interesting day with the girls today. Went up to Golden and saw @Nick to get my skis adjusted for my new boots. Had lunch and spent some time at playground by his house afterwards. The decided to go to Costco because I forgot a few things, but at the last minute doglegged to the REI flagship store in Denver to see if they had boots that fit Haley just to get an idea if hers really are too big, as I think they are.

While we were there they had climbing sessions on the big wall and she asked if she could do one, so why the hell not? She did a warm-up then wanted to hit the big side of the wall and decided to run the crack, which is pretty advanced.
(big crack on the right side of the arch/edge of the wall; for the climbers, they rate it as a 5.9b for adults) She had to take a few breaks because they don't allow chalk and her hands were sweaty, but she got it pretty quickly. Once she got about halfway up (60ft wall), she acquired an audience of a flowing 10-15 people. Lots of employees just stopped to watch her with that 'wow' look on their faces and when looking to one another. Same with customers who had obviously climbed before with a lot of questions about how old she is and how long she's been climbing, comments about how fluid of a climber she is, etc. It was pretty fucking cool. We need to spend more time at the wall...

Then went to a ski shop because REI's ski dept was way too busy. Confirmed that Haley's existing boots just don't fit correctly. They're a size too large so we'll be setting them aside for next season. Also found a season old pair of ones that do fit (tried on new ones) for $40, so we'll be picking the up during the week when the seller gets back into town.

And when we did finally make it to Costco, we ran into a friend and his daughter who we rarely ever get to see. He got me started making my own bacon and offered to let me borrow his deli slicer for an extended period as he never uses it anymore.

Hell of a day when I was just tasked with keeping the girls occupied.