Quantcast

Single Speed Roll Call !!!

Feb 1, 2008
mavisdale,va
here's my ole monocog (had it a few seasons now):cheers:
'02 19" frame
cane creek hs
stock wheels
continental vapor 2.1" tires (i had 3 sets,on it's last set now)
'03 marzocchi exr 100mm fork
truvativ hussefelt SS cranks/giga pipe bb
bontrager stem,bars,ti rail seat
nashbar seatpost
shimano deore v's and levers
32x20t (nothin but hilly trails 'round here)

Attachments

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
c'mon Stinky - give us something new would ya. ;)
There is a Surly 1x1 that has been sitting at the LBS for way too long, and since my Blinglespeed is getting a crap load of commuter miles on it for a change, I may pick it up as my beater SS.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Oh yeah, I am now rocking a single speed too!

She's a circa 2003 Sycip (geared) frame, but setup as a dedicated SS. Unfortunately I don't have any pics handy, but I hope to get my grubby hands on them soon. In the meantime...

Large frame
2000 Xvert Super
Thomson post
SLR saddle
no name stem
Monkeylite XC bars
Hayes on front (purely cosmetic - she hardly works)
Avid on the back
Blue Truvativ cranks
****e wheels that need replacing

Currently setup as a 32x21, but I can go up or down one because I left the full cassette on back (read: me being cheap).

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
my name is teh toninator and i just built my first ss roadie. got a little grouppo finishing to do but this is the finished product for a while.
only 2 hours on it so far but i loves it.

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
32x15:

I converted my Vagrant to SS a few months ago. This is my first experience with singlespeed. So far, been great. I push uphill instead of climb, but I dont mind. The next big step is cutting 12" off my thomson post for weight savings :huh::twitch:

Original setup: Hone cranks with cromo BB spindle and pedal inserts, salsa 32t ring, blackspire stinger tensioner, 20t ring + spacers + forte tensioner thingy from performance bike SS kit.

Current setup: Salsa 32t ring, surly 15t cog, forte chain tensioner. I had problems with the chain slipping under load, but removed a link and got better wrap around the cog. Almost made the chain too short (did that yesterday :banghead:). The Blackspire Stinger does not rotate far enough to really put any tension on the chain (32t chainring), plus it was apparently taking some rock hits so I pulled it off.

New login but I amnot really new here, havent been around for some time though. Nice to be riding again.

lamp

Monkey
Mar 21, 2008
It is red dirt. In the middle pic, lots of red dirt and a very dry chain, the last pic is a brand new lubed chain after one ride :]

Jibby

Chimp
Mar 17, 2008
Madison

Here's mine. '07 Jibster Frame with 130mm DJ1. It's an older pic, it's currently running a Spank Bitch Stick bar with ODI lock-ons and a hookworm up front. I also put on a marzocchi fender, since there's a lot of slushy snowy crap on the ground and I got sick of cleaning my glasses.

Zone 3

Chimp
Apr 15, 2008
It's my own design and these are the prototypes.

After a year thrashing them to death we settled on a few modifications and contracted a factory to make it (some of the big names use the same factory: M....., L......... etc

Can be 26" or 29" by sliding the dropouts back and forth.

Almost everything is titanium: frame, fork, cranks, disc rotors, spider, chainring, stem, seatpost, bars etc.

Using hard arsed heavy test riders (90-100kg), we thrashed it until we broke something and then thrashed it some more.
The weak bits were seatpost and stem for heavy riders (75kg and under only for those bits). Broke one crank but haven't managed to break another (yet). Frame, forks, bars, spider, bashguard, chainring, disc rotors etc all proved unbreakable even under the hardest abuse.

The proddy bike doesn't have an eccentric as this was noisy and messy. Instead we use Rolhoff pattern dropouts made from Ti.

Every bike can be a singlespeed, fully geared, track bike or hub geared depending on selection of dropout.

I broke my back a few years back and can't ride without my fabulous Thudbuster. The Ti fork is a 'soft ride': it will flex about 50mm back and forth and gives a much softer ride than most rigids but is strong in corners and off jumps (XC; it aint a jump bike!).

I've sold 4 to customers and will sell on request.

Attachments