Quantcast

sintered vs organic pads?

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
pros and cons? is it a bad idea to run one in the front and the other in the rear? which will offer a better feel, if at all. im running saint brakes, and i think i have both a pair of organic and sintered, but not 2 of each. i searched a little, but i'm bad at that:biggrin:

thanks

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
my friend runs sintered and theyre great for the trails we do, more low speed, nothing over 30km/h but i've heard of people running one of each type per caliper.

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
pros and cons? is it a bad idea to run one in the front and the other in the rear? which will offer a better feel, if at all. im running saint brakes, and i think i have both a pair of organic and sintered, but not 2 of each. i searched a little, but i'm bad at that:biggrin:

thanks
I prefer the feel of the resin pads - they modulate nicely and feel a little softer on your hands after a day of riding. The metallic pads feel a little harsher when the pads engage the rotor, but they last a long time... so it really depends on what you ride, how you ride, and how cheap you are. I'd use the resin pads all the time if I wasn't so cheap.

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
aren't resin pads cheaper in general though? does anyone know what pads come stock in hope m6s? i think they are metalic. the hopes have lots of modulation but i can still sense a grabby grab grab unlike my shimanos.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina

thanks
definitely rock the resin pads for Saint brakes. So far for me, they're silent!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
In my saints I was advised to run one of each by someone in the know with all things shimano(thanks stik). It works great, and they tend to last a little longer this way as well, which is a nice bonus.

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
when you guys say one of each...do you mean one type in the front and one type in the back or....one type on the left side and one type on the right side:disgust:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So? You just replace the one that wears down. Most pistons are self centering anyways, so they will compensate on their own. There isn't a big difference from what I have seen anyways when it comes to wear.