Quantcast

.SIT files? how to open?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
more people come here then the tech forum so.....

a client sent me some files that have been compressed with StuffIt or something. they are .sit files and I can't open them.

I didn't find anything that was free to download and works on a pc with WinXP. I could probably pay for a product but of course, I'm the only one at work and don't have the authority to use the credit card..... :rolleyes:

suggestions?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I'll look into it. I had just gotten into work and had other stuff to do so I didn't have a lot of time to devote to this problem. and being a non-mac user, stuffIt is foreign to me.....

thanks!

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
what do I do?

I work for a tv station and we do educational streaming video. I work with the web side of stuff, html/graphics/little bit of ASP and a whole lot of slacking....:D

our clients are educational based, we host and deliver streaming media.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"I work for a tv station and we do educational streaming video."

I asked because I'm a screen-printer, and am CONSTANTLY trying to open
art files from customers. It was so much easier BITD, when you just "handed"
art to someone.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
berkshire_rider said:
This is supposed to convert .sit files to a .zip, give it a try.
Converter
um that is the last thing i would do. change a compressed file to a different compression while its still compressed. F-that
just get the free stufit decompresser. geez

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
DHS said:
um that is the last thing i would do. change a compressed file to a different compression while its still compressed. F-that
just get the free stufit decompresser. geez
Yep, you're needlessly complicating things, and are more likely to corrupt the file than just uncompressing it with the free Stuffit expander above.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Well, he asked for something free and works on a PC, which Stuff-it does work on Windows, but it's not free. I was under the impression he wanted something that would work long-term for .sit files, not just this one. Use whatever you like, I was just offering a suggestion. :rolleyes:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
berkshire_rider said:
Well, he asked for something free and works on a PC, which Stuff-it does work on Windows, but it's not free. I was under the impression he wanted something that would work long-term for .sit files, not just this one. Use whatever you like, I was just offering a suggestion. :rolleyes:

yep, I didn't want to pay for anything. and I wanted it NOW!!! :)

it's cool when clients send you files that won't work on your computer.

photoshop docs that you don't have the fonts for and other great stuff.
we don't use macs here, we are a windows media place. microsoft is a partner....we use windows dot net for apps. it's all microsoft stuff.