Quantcast

)*(Sit your day GMT)*(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
but you said sit. am busy sitting.
much of day will be spent sitting at kid’s chess tourney, unfortunately. itching to get back out and finish roughing in the bit of trail we started yesterday...mebbe tomorrow.
still waiting on rear dropout, which was supposed to get here on thurs. tracking says it made it from australia to ny on monday...hrrrrmf.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Properly long sleep last night. About to head back to the hospital. Spent this morning doing house chores and getting Christmas stuff ready. The process of turning my old ThinkPad into a chromebook has begun. I need to get a tree this afternoon too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Foggy head this morning. That stout and double IPA combo hits like a bag of bricks.

Going to go roll around in some powder on the phat bike.

I want shawarma.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
20:09 5K race this morning, which about 30 seconds slower than I was hoping for, which is kind of a lot. Hard packed snow and ice is difficult to run on. Also, we had to pull carpet string out of the cat's butt. Wonder how long that's been kicking around inside her.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friends have a winter Tent made out of canvas it has a stove, kitchen, and bunk beds. We hiked up a bunch of food and beer up there. We cut pieces of foam to fit into pallets and built a floor today. Our oven which was made of field stones and mortar fell apart. We can do better. Bobcat and weasel tracks everywhere.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just finished my last ride as a 60 year old. What a treat, I had just topped out on the steepest climb of the ride that finishes at a high tension power tower when I spied a Mountain Lion loping up out of a draw then heading up into the hills away from me on an over grown jeep trail. In the pic you can see the fire road to the left and the jeep trail in line with the tower.. It came up to the top of the first hill away from the tower and I watched it until it crested the second hill. In all my 30+ years of mountain biking that was the first Lion I have ever seen way cool!!

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I have 'seen' lions three times while riding. A few years ago one got on my back wheel and 'chased' me a few hundred yards down the trail (in actuality it was probably just running to get away from the posse that was behind me).
I never even saw it, my friends caught up to me at a blowdown with their eyes as big as pies.
There was adrenaline involved.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
What’s with the burning man text emojis in today’s thread title?

@Toshi - White Ribbon Of Death

Pedaled ~24 miles at Buff Crick today. I am not in riding shape, at all. Many slows. And I’m not sure which is scarier in the corners: snow or kitty litter.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I am so pissed off at my wife I can barely speak.
We have a downstairs apartment that we give a sweetheart deal to because she is Hispanic and not necessarily legal, and has no other options.
She cuts hair, and tonight asked my wife if she could take over my bicycle workshed in order to cut hair in there.
And not even pay additional rent.
So I might have to consolidate all my tools so she can do this.
Grumble grumble, motherfuckers.