Quantcast

sitting on the beach?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
"Beach" vacation options within a 2-3 hour drive?

Lake Granby's pretty big and google topo maps shows what appears to be a lot of sand around it. Is that so?

What other options are there for chilling on a "beach" here, going for a little swim, drinking a margarita in a lounge chair as the sun sets?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
The Boulder Reservoir has a sandy beach, but I've never used it. I've sailed on Granby, but I don't remember much sand around it. The water level was way way down for a while, so what looks like sand might just be the dry lake bed.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've sailed on Granby, but I don't remember much sand around it. The water level was way way down for a while, so what looks like sand might just be the dry lake bed.
ah, good point. The google maps were probably shot during the drought. And with the snow and rain falls we've been having, I'm sure water level is up.

Thanks!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've never been to any decent sandy "beaches" at any of the mountain reserviors. I think your best bet might be to head down to the Sand Dunes and forget the water. :D

Besides - any of the mt reservoirs it'll be too cold at sunset to enjoy a marg. Why not just head to Chatfield? :p