Quantcast

Ska Todd: SGS DH PRO QUESTION...

freakyletta

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
Todd, or anyone else who knows,

I've noticed on my 04 SGS DH PRO that the rebound adjuster on the swinger rear shock hits and dents the cross piece of the linkage (under full compression i assume). The adjuster seems to be holding up okay, and I can't see the dent really becoming much of a problem, but I was just wondering if this is typical and/or detremental to the frame/shock. Thanks for any help.
-John

Attachments

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
John,

We took a quick look at a frame and shock here in the office. Based on your description of the problem, unbolt the lower shock bolt and rotate to rebound adjuster around to the other side. This should keep it out of the way of the brace.

-ska todd

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by ska todd
John,

We took a quick look at a frame and shock here in the office. Based on your description of the problem, unbolt the lower shock bolt and rotate to rebound adjuster around to the other side. This should keep it out of the way of the brace.

-ska todd
Damn, now that's some mighty fine customer service right there!

Good on ya Sir! :thumb:

freakyletta

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by ska todd
John,

-ska todd
Thanks for the quick response. I'll do what you suggested, but I don't have the bike in front of me and I wonder what this will do the adjusters accessibility. Anyway, we'll see, thanks again man
-john

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, props to IH customer service this week. You guys did me pretty nice.

Thanks.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Hey man

Todd hit the nail on the head, the adjuster is on the wrong side, unbolt the shock, and flip the adjuster. It should be perfect flipped the other way around!

Dave

freakyletta

Chimp
Apr 8, 2003
Originally posted by dw
Hey man

Todd hit the nail on the head, the adjuster is on the wrong side, unbolt the shock, and flip the adjuster. It should be perfect flipped the other way around!

Dave
Awsome, and the linkage should hold up fine even though it's dented a bit, right? Thanks guys, john