• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, It depends on the reviews it get

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I am not here to spread rumors or anything. I just got out of a meeting with the staff that are looking into putting a downhill course into Ski Roundtop. I told them that I would hop onto the forums and ask around to see what the interest is. I am just curious to see what people think of it being put in and what type of trail systems they would like to see. Their main concern is the feasibility of it and if there will be enough people to not make it a money pit. There is enough land and there is considerations for xc areas, all mountain areas, and a gravity lift dh/freeride area.

johnnyfury

Chimp
Feb 19, 2007
I think since it is a smaller mountain it must have well designed Fr/DH trails in order to attract the hardcore riders. I live 30 minutes from Roundtop and if I was going to pay to ride there it would need to be better than DH trails I could peddle to.

Isn't Roundtop owned by same company who owns Whitetail?

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I would definitely go that place is only about an hour away from me. Never been there but I know a slew of people that would go there from york to try it out. Not to mention how many riders from PA there are.

Yeah Roundtop, Liberty and Whitetail are all owned by the same company.

SkiJim668

Chimp
Jul 4, 2008
B more
Are you kidding?Yes Id go!!Its a bout a hour from me.Even if they started out only with a few quality trails, I would go. Its nice to ride a mix of different trails.

Feb 12, 2008
Maryland
If it was a well designed trail system, I think it would definitely attract all the riders from the DC/Baltimore area. I for one am all for it.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I would rather see mountain biking at whitetail. It's closer to the DC area, and they have a high speed lift. They also already have a couple of trails that I'm aware of.

Round Top and Whitetail are owned by the same company, so why the interest in putting mountain biking at Round Top instead of Whitetail?

If mountain biking did open at Round Top, I might take a trip or two there if the trails were good.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
they are owned by the same company but from what i was told there really isn't any sharing amongst them on this. it would be independent in each place. if wt wanted to start up again then it would be a separate staff there working on it.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I'd go, hell yeah! I would rather see WT re-open, only about 20 min. from the house. Well, then again, the shed is only ~15 min., but lifts would be a plus. I've been wanting to ride WT's old trails for some years now, I think this summer I'll be doing some hiking, if anyone is interested. I know some people that work there year round and they said the trails are still there.
--Anyone have an old trail map?????

BMac

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Liberty is closer to me but I'd probably come up to Roundtop for races.

At this point however I'm so angry at the management of whitetail that I can't even properly verbalize my rage. It just comes out as a guttural howl whenever I have chance to think about it.

Also, we've gone so long without a resort in the region that we have just made our own trails now. They're going to have to compete for my business with the trails at the shed and at my cabin, both of which are free except for shuttle gas.