Quantcast

^^^ sky time saturday ^^^

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Local it's Rotax (micro > mini > Jr) then KA Senior (IAME KA100). There's only one ROK series and it's tiny, so nobody races it.

FDM are one of the top Rotax and KA tuners in the country, so it's a win-win.
If that’s the case, Rotax is the way to go for sure. I haven’t read up on the KA but it looks like what I was thinking may have been off base.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I, too, will be germ tubing in the sky today. Spent a lovely morning at the North Carolina Arboretum and now heading to el aeropuerto to catch our flight back to Denver. Then a three-hour drive home. Freaking awesome trip… great rides, tasty beers, fun music, and it was rad to meet @jstuhlman @jackalope and @Dirtrider while we were here. Boys, the crew all thanks you for the hospitality. Wouldn’t have been nearly as good of a trip without it.
Where do you live these days that you have a 3hr drive from Denver Insufferable Aeropuerto?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Where do you live these days that you have a 3hr drive from Denver Insufferable Aeropuerto?
Salida, my dude. Been there a little over two years. Teh Spousal Unit™ (yeah I got married, too) works at the hospital down there. It’s been a minute since we’ve ridden together, hasn’t it?

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I saw that recipe last week... :D

Let us know how they go.

20231014_173740.jpg

Solid. Needs tweaking* for personal tastes, but the idea is excellent!

We roasted a bunch of Brussels and served it all over some egg noodles.
One pic survived this process.

*smaller meatballs, up the onion content a bit. I'd also stick with crusty bread on side vs. over pasta. Though Mrs. Scrub and i both agree this would be awesome over some good cheesy potatoes. Mashed or otherwise. Green beans rather than Brussels as well.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
View attachment 201990

Solid. Needs tweaking* for personal tastes, but the idea is excellent!

We roasted a bunch of Brussels and served it all over some egg noodles.
One pic survived this process.

*smaller meatballs, up the onion content a bit. I'd also stick with crusty bread on side vs. over pasta. Though Mrs. Scrub and i both agree this would be awesome over some good cheesy potatoes. Mashed or otherwise. Green beans rather than Brussels as well.
recipe plz

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I, too, will be germ tubing in the sky today. Spent a lovely morning at the North Carolina Arboretum and now heading to el aeropuerto to catch our flight back to Denver. Then a three-hour drive home. Freaking awesome trip… great rides, tasty beers, fun music, and it was rad to meet @jstuhlman @jackalope and @Dirtrider while we were here. Boys, the crew all thanks you for the hospitality. Wouldn’t have been nearly as good of a trip without it.
i hope you had bbq...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sorry...did not take him to ray nathans or further east to lexington. is there actually anything worthwhile around asheville?
i wish i knew....i know the pizza place across from the grey eagle is great....and standard pizza in asheville is great...

need to explore the bbq there when i see mudhoney in oct if i have the time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
pretty sure this trip needed its own thread with ride and shenanigans descriptions and pictures. son, i am disappoint.
I debated starting one, but it became pretty clear in the first few hours that we were gonna be going full tilt and ain’t nobody got time for trying to keep a thread updated. Plus I suck at taking pictures. But I’ll see what the crew has for pics and try and do a TR

i hope you had bbq...
We did. One of the guys on our trip is a huge BBQ nerd, but his knowledge is central-Texas based. He did some research and settled on a place called Buxton (?) and it was pretty damn good. Whole hog BBQ and just the best sides.

i wish i knew....i know the pizza place across from the grey eagle is great....and standard pizza in asheville is great...
The mezcal place across the street from the Grey Eagle is great as well.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Salida, my dude. Been there a little over two years. Teh Spousal Unit™ (yeah I got married, too) works at the hospital down there. It’s been a minute since we’ve ridden together, hasn’t it?
Dude, way too many minutes. If you are up here. I'm still up here. :)

Good to see you made it home.

My disdain for airline travel has grown to ... well, where can we drive?