Quantcast

^^^ Slackers day ^^^

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fack this work week, I'm over it.
Weather looks potentially moist this weekend, prob should ride this afternoon.

side-rant: why don't all mfgs use pedal inserts in aluminum crank arms?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It is humid as fack here in Raystown. Looks like the rain might hold off until this afternoon.

Only found two spiders in my tent this morning. :)

One of my old race face cranks has inserts. It started spinning...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Was outta the house from 5-9:30 last night for showings. Last people loved it and asked to stay late so they could call their parents to take a look. Sounds pretty promising. We shall see!

Getting a quote this afternoon on getting the garage floor mudjacked. Everyone has loved the house so far but comment on fact that the garage floor has settled. Frankly I'm tired of it and will happily pay to make that go away.

How else are they supposed to sell you new crank arms? Shifting standards with dubious performance benefits that are not backwards compatible?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is in full effect. Demo day, don't feel good about it, but I will hope for the best.

Management seems to not grasp the basics of automaton development. "So if you wrote 5 functions this week, you should have 10 by next week, right?"

Maybe, if I need 5 more, I will write them. But I may only need 1 more, or 10 more, or none. As the manual processes get developed, they will be scoped for automation. If I can use what I already built, great. Otherwise, I will build it.

They want to chunk it out like I am writing a book. That's not how this works.

/rant

It's payday.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, I forgot about last night's opening. So the play the wife and I are helping with opened last night to a whopping 7 people. :rofl:

Turns out the flyers didn't go out until Wednesday, we could have gotten a dozen.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Demo bikes¥ lined up for me and my gal this weekend, and it's gonna rain in town. What to do? Head west! Gonna pop up to Eagle, CO and ride some of the goods some friends have built up there.

¥ No, @jonKranked, they're not GGs.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Erratic old Cambodian man as my Uber driver yesterday on the way back home. Reported him to Uber as unsafe--if he were my grandparent I'd take away his keys. Young Ukrainian dude who moved here a few years from Brooklyn as my driver this morning, worlds better.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Well, they don't call huge campers 'Land Yachts' for nothing...
I still don't get the idea of a yacht so big it won't fit into a port so you have to attach a smaller but still big boat (and a helicopter) to it to get to land. They are the most unreasonable things you can buy in life. A 100ft yacht is what 100-$150k to fuel up? 10% value per year in upkeep.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I still don't get the idea of a yacht so big it won't fit into a port so you have to attach a smaller but still big boat (and a helicopter) to it to get to land. They are the most unreasonable things you can buy in life. A 100ft yacht is what 100-$150k to fuel up? 10% value per year in upkeep.
Dude - this is the sort of shit that you do if you actually have NO idea what to do with all your money. And there are a LOT of people that are in this situation. It's sad, really. :D

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, if you are buying a yacht, you want one at least big enough to have a smaller boat attached and a heli should waves be too much for the dingy.

<edit> the wife watches "Bellow Deck" a reality series about a rental yacht crew and the horrible folks who rent them

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Dunno if I'm just an irritable twat (I'm admittedly pretty irritable) or if I'm justified in being annoyed at my soon to be married friend and his wife.

Strike 1 = Told me to get a black suit. So I did. Then he switched it up and specified which black suit he wanted 3 weeks out, after the other groomsman and I had already bought suits.

Strike 2 = Said there was no rehearsal or pre-wedding events. T-2 weeks and now he's telling me they are considering a rehearsal dinner. after we had already made plans long ago to have a family dinner with my parents and the wife's parents.

Grade = :stosh:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Dunno if I'm just an irritable twat (I'm admittedly pretty irritable) or if I'm justified in being annoyed at my soon to be married friend and his wife.

Strike 1 = Told me to get a black suit. So I did. Then he switched it up and specified which black suit he wanted 3 weeks out, after the other groomsman and I had already bought suits.

Strike 2 = Said there was no rehearsal or pre-wedding events. T-2 weeks and now he's telling me they are considering a rehearsal dinner. after we had already made plans long ago to have a family dinner with my parents and the wife's parents.

Grade = :stosh:
Tom?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Planning to leave work early today. Going to try to get an inspection sticker on the Brodozer, as it's now 2 months expired. Been stalling as new inspection procedures that became effective this year involve pictures taken of the inspection, so stuff like tires sticking past the fender flares may or may not pass. Would be a tremendous inconvenience to have to swap wheels with a friend's stock jeep for an hour just to pass, hence the stalling. Fuck Massachusetts.

Ordered all Trex/Azek deck boards and rail kits and materials to put a skirt around the bottom of our back deck from Lowe's for home delivery, but haven't heard a thing since ordering 4 days ago. Getting weary I'll see them soon, which I was hoping for. Trying to get that + patio done before son's b-day party Jun 16. Time will tell.

EDIT - oh I almost forgot....GOLF TOURNEY TOMORROW!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited: