Quantcast

^^^ Slackers day ^^^

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Instead of cursing the state, how about running a setup that passes inspection in the first place?
It is 100% legal. Official MA state regulation states tires/tread must not stick past fenders UNLESS vehicle is equipped with 4WD, which my Jeep clearly has. However, it's a pretty well-known issue that some inspectors tend to forget about the second part of the regulation and give a hard time about it., hence why I said "may or may not pass" Others pass no problem. It's a crapshoot, hence why I've been dragging my ass on going.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It is 100% legal. Official MA state regulation states tires/tread must not stick past fenders UNLESS vehicle is equipped with 4WD, which my Jeep clearly has. However, it's a pretty well-known issue that some inspectors tend to forget about the second part of the regulation and give a hard time about it., hence why I said "may or may not pass" Others pass no problem. It's a crapshoot, hence why I've been dragging my ass on going.
If this is true find the regulation and print it out. I found forum posts stating what you've stated but couldn't find it in the code.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXIV/Chapter90/Section7
https://malegislature.gov/Search?SearchTerms=fenders

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've read online of people doing exactly that, printing it out and showing them, but still fail. It's bullshit, but really not worth fighting. I'd rather tuck my tail between my legs and swap wheels to pass. Assuming I even have a hard time to begin with.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
happytime murders redband trailer......so much jizz...in a muppet movie....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
This has been a very long week. Lufthansa pulled some major bullshit on my wife in Munich last night, I hope those assholes burn in hell. Now train home, a short ride, beers.

No.

Yes.

Because Larson TTs are much better on dirt than Holy Rollers (IMO), so more versatile. If you're riding exclusively street or ramps ymmv.
So I have this bike that I ride a few times a year. We just built a little pump track in Bristol, so that's dirt, and there's an adjacent skate park which I'll hit if I'm not displacing kiddies.

Sliding down the half pipe was unexpected based on prior experience; not a big deal. I'm guessing that aged rubber was more of an issue than anything else. Left a nice set of skid marks down the face of the pipe.