Quantcast

^^^ Slackers day ^^^

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I had a set of Hookworms that, other than their full blown DH tires weight, were awesome. Did a few trails rides with wet rocks and roots and I had no issues with traction. Then again my point of comparison were IRC Kujo DH tires, so I don't know if that is a testament to the awesomeness of the Hookworms or the awfulness of the Kujo.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I have this bike that I ride a few times a year. We just built a little pump track in Bristol, so that's dirt, and there's an adjacent skate park which I'll hit if I'm not displacing kiddies.

Sliding down the half pipe was unexpected based on prior experience; not a big deal. I'm guessing that aged rubber was more of an issue than anything else. Left a nice set of skid marks down the face of the pipe.
You'll want a micro knobby for sure. Holy roller would be alright. But maybe something more like small block 8 depending on how aggressive a tread tread you want.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah, if I can find them in 26".

Currently, both probably more than five years old:

Front: Maxxis MaxxPro60 Holy Roller 26 x 2.4"
Rear: Maxxis MaxxPro60 Larsen TT 26 x 2.35"

This on an ancient K2 Funky Monkey.
Damn, I loved the funky monkey! I have some cheap WalMartish park tires that came on the DJ. I had Hookworms on the Azonic, they were awesome.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I got a $65k car until Wednesday. Now I know how the rich drive. It's nice - 329 mile 530i with everything.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/iT9WGgBoyYpYyCVV2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/OIqNp7xdKpECFy0l1

Dropped the M about a two hours ago. Pretty extensive conversation with the lead mechanic from the team and somebody will very clearly be getting their *** handed to them tomorrow. Let him know what I was expecting regarding pictures of how broken it was, how deep, etc. He will be doing this work and going forward any work done will be done by him. He was adamant about wanting nothing to do with putting in a helicoil. He ordered a bunch of spares for what parts he might need, laid out very clearly everything that he would be doing in the process, including redoing the gasket.

I lost the top to my battery jump thing in the engine bay (spacing on name), and he already ordered one along with the spare and replacement parts. I have a few other issues that I needed to drop in to deal with as well, so I brought those up as well. One of which was a speed wobble that wasn't tire related and he called out the gimbo (whatever the hell that thing on the driveshaft is called) as a known issue point on higher mileage e39's. Sounds silly, but a bit more confidence inspiring to have a clearly very senior and knowledgeable mechanic dealing with it going forward.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend is responsible for Out Cuban. He sells handmade Cuban Style cigars in real tubes. He then sells them as real Cubans. His name is Oscar.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Dude - this is the sort of shit that you do if you actually have NO idea what to do with all your money. And there are a LOT of people that are in this situation. It's sad, really. :D
Yeah. People who never had the time or the right education to learn what they really want in life so they spend money at random. My friends from fashion love them when someone visits a really talented designer and pays crazy money to get something bland and horrible (because they heard somewhere it's expensive and they need to look like a golden toilet) and the designer has to fight them to make it even close to presentable.

Dude, if you are buying a yacht, you want one at least big enough to have a smaller boat attached and a heli should waves be too much for the dingy.

<edit> the wife watches "Bellow Deck" a reality series about a rental yacht crew and the horrible folks who rent them
This one business partner of my boss I meet every year on movie markets is cool but he at least lives in Croatia and isn't some guy who has to fly in to get to his yacht. It's still mental and I'd rather have a nice stylish old school sailboat or a motorboat but he probably is a rare exception

Last edited: