Quantcast

Sleep depravation monday GMT

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Day 2415124 in Cannes. I love my job but sleeping 3h per day for a very long time is starting to melt my brain. So is shitty French coffee (jesus even local speciality shops serve trash and it really makes me appreciate starbucks).

Also to feel like my job matters boss sends me an important script for a big movie. Doesn't give a deadline so I assume the usual 1 day deadline. Then proceeds to buy said movie way before that time before my opinion which is lukewarm... I assume what will happen will be the usual pattern of "we paid a lot for it so we have to release it" and then "you were right but it's too late" after we get the results...

As for bike related films - It's strange to see enduro bikes with race plates next to Ferraris and Yachts the size of a battleship. There must have been a race nearby. Also for some idiotic reason local rent bike services offer e-bike fatbikes and a lot of people use them. Renting a bike to ride around here seems stupid enough when both the streets and the sidewalks are in a constant traffic jam but a fat-bike-e-bike?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morning, just looking at the terrible weather over the next 10 days here in NY, rain, rain, rain rain, sun, rain, sun........... lame....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning frens! I will get on board with this sleep deprivation thing, holy hell did I sleep awful last night.

18 showings over the weekend, offers on the house are due this morning by 8 am. Real estate agent seemed confident we would get somewhere between one and three quality offers. We shall see!

Camper test run worked out well. I dare say I shall like that method of travel, hopefully I still feel the same when we are halfway across the country. :D

Also, we got to meet a wolf. It was cool. I suggest going to meet a wolf if you can.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Day 2415124 in Cannes.............
Also for some idiotic reason local rent bike services offer e-bike fatbikes and a lot of people use them. Renting a bike to ride around here seems stupid enough when both the streets and the sidewalks are in a constant traffic jam but a fat-bike-e-bike?
Not to mention, the place is pretty amazing to just walk through.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Heck of a rain storm/lightning show last night around 1.

Burning a vacation day so I can waste it at the local mazda dealer. Weird clicking/clunk started friday in the front end and got noticeably worse over the weekend. By last night my wife stated her refusal to drive it, and I can't disagree. Put it on jacks, half shafts seem fine, couldn't find anything loose. Was able to duplicate noise, and seemed to be coming from the transaxel. :dead: 2.5 years old, 38000 miles. Shit had goddamn well be under warranty or Imma need bail money.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tired. Feeling particularly surly this morning. I got a whole bunch of GFY floating around and ready to drop.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not to mention, the place is pretty amazing to just walk through.
I got what might have been dysentery there. Went swimming in the harbor not realizing it had rained earlier before we arrived. Sickest I have ever been for the next two days. Suuuuuuuucked.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful day out there....most likely the last nice one for a few days as it looks like rain is going to be the operative word. Went to see the Doobies and Steely Dan on Friday with some friends....fantastic show - second one of this tour, so everyone had some rust to shake off, but they did amazing versions of "Aja" and "Peg."

Finally got my mower back operational - took about 2 hours to get the new sector gear and bushings back in place, but the thing turns like it has power steering now.

Saw the new "Jumanji" this weekend - had me rolling. Funny.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I do not care for this humid, dark weather. I moved from Seattle to get away from this shit!

Lease paperwork for le petit Volvo should arrive today, so hopefully getting it on a truck by Thursday.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well shit, all those showings and no offers on our house. Real estate agent lady was surprised and I am as well. That's a bit of a deflating blow. Feedback was good overall with the only black mark being the settling of the garage floor slabs.

Boo to that. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was woken around midnight last night by the sound of sirens. Looked outside and saw someone getting loaded into the meat wagon. Looks like some dude on a rental city bike crashed on the steep hill below my house or got hit by a car. Probably the former as no police were on site. Was bad enough that the firemen hosed blood out of the streets.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked with Wifey over the weekend. Decided to plan to do another half-Ironman next summer. Hannah will be old enough that her necessary time will have gone down (read I can actually sleep at night), my CFP process will be on pause, and Haley will be in a school that is around the corner instead of across town. Hannah will be big enough to tow and Haley will be fast enough on her bike to ride while I run and push Hannah. On like Donkey Kong. Plus I'm fat and it's proven to be the best way for me to be not fat.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That sucks, Tim. Rent that shit out instead?
Not sure we could pull enough out of it in monthly rent to fund our opulent lifestyle. Besides, I'd very much like to get out while things are hot. No telling when the Denver real estate bubble will pop.

Got another showing at noon today, so maybe not all hope is lost at the moment.

Last edited:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got what might have been dysentery there. Went swimming in the harbor not realizing it had rained earlier before we arrived. Sickest I have ever been for the next two days. Suuuuuuuucked.
Oh man that sucks. I couldn't have imaged being sick there. Best food I've ever had in my life was on the cote d'azur.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Not sure we could pull enough out of it in monthly rent to fund our opulent lifestyle. Besides, I'd very much like to get out while things are hot. No telling when the Denver real estate bubble will pop.

Got another showing at noon today, so maybe not all hope is lost at the moment.
Where is the listing/MLS#/ad ?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well shit, all those showings and no offers on our house. Real estate agent lady was surprised and I am as well. That's a bit of a deflating blow. Feedback was good overall with the only black mark being the settling of the garage floor slabs.

We didn't get any offers on our house for 3 weeks (minus a lowball at week 2), which is high for HR. Then we got two just off listing px. Don't be quick to drop your px. It was MOTHER'S BAY WEEKEND people had shit to do outside of work on offers.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Riding this past weekend sucked if it wasn't secret.

@Nick, where did you ride yesterday?
Mountain Lion in omgfreakingamazballs condition ... but I'm slow compared to these damn kids.
Then shuttled FT and HAB to the top of Longhorn and gladly napped in the truck at the bottom whilst they rode down in the rain. :nope:

Capture.JPG

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

How long has it been on the market, a week?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I blame @HAB — pretty sure he brought this weather with him from Seattle, plus he forgot to bring a rain jacket on the ride this morning. Aw, hail
I didn't forget, more unwisely chose not to.

I actually had to pull over for a bit around Conifer because it was hailing so hard. Couldn't see a ton o and the road was covered in marbles. Now in Bailey and it's sunny.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Since my fence gates are done, but against my better judgement, I will attempt a lowers service on my fork tonight. I noticed some thinning of the ano in one spot so it needs immediate attention.

I expect to:

Lose at least 1 circlip.
Lose the little detent ball for the compression damping knob.

I’m hoping my vigorous planning might prevent the above, but I’m choosing to aim low.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, our mower is dying.
Wifey, ever the accountant, pencilled out that it would be cheaper (in the short run) to hire out mowing to a local 12 YO, (who has a mower)
Upside?
I don't need to mow all summer.
Excellent!
I still have to string trim, though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I didn't forget, more unwisely chose not to.

I actually had to pull over for a bit around Conifer because it was hailing so hard. Couldn't see a ton o and the road was covered in marbles. Now in Bailey and it's sunny.
If you get thirsty on your drive down, there's a brewery in the town of Fairplay called South Park brewery. I've never been, but I've been curious to know if it's any good or not. If you stop, report back.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So, our mower is dying.
Wifey, ever the accountant, pencilled out that it would be cheaper (in the short run) to hire out mowing to a local 12 YO, (who has a mower)
Upside?
I don't need to mow all summer.
Excellent!
I still have to string trim, though.
I've thought about hiring it out, too, as it's not an efficient use of my time. But I like mowing. I do not like edging using the string trimmer, though, possibly due to having the wrong tool for the job.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Was just talking to one of the guys I work with who just did his first half-Ironman two weekends ago. Super fit guy, under 30, little cocky. It didn't go well for him. Didn't have salt, dropped his Gu, massive muscle cramps, etc. Me (being more than a bit overweight) don't really stand out as one who does them, had been pretty thoroughly brushed off over the last few months giving recommendations on things to do. Everything that happened to him are things that I warned him about and told him how to avoid.

We were talking about the races that we had done and he was telling me about his swim, how he ended up swimming 500 extra yards (1950 length swim) because he couldn't swim straight, and it took him 55min for that leg. I was giving him info about sighting, learning to breath both ways, etc. In a kind of "what do you know" tone, he asked me what time I did my swim in, I let him know, 32min at sea level and 36min at altitude (top 95th and 90th percentile accordingly). He damn near fell out of his chair and the other guy on his team talking with us just started laughing hysterically.

I was telling him this because Wifey and I decided that I should start training again, so once I get some base level I would be able to ride and swim if he wants a partner. Also, I would be a pretty good swim coach for him if he wants it, but nope.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was just talking to one of the guys I work with who just did his first half-Ironman two weekends ago. Super fit guy, under 30, little cocky. It didn't go well for him. Didn't have salt, dropped his Gu, massive muscle cramps, etc. Me (being more than a bit overweight) don't really stand out as one who does them, had been pretty thoroughly brushed off over the last few months giving recommendations on things to do. Everything that happened to him are things that I warned him about and told him how to avoid.

We were talking about the races that we had done and he was telling me about his swim, how he ended up swimming 500 extra yards (1950 length swim) because he couldn't swim straight, and it took him 55min for that leg. I was giving him info about sighting, learning to breath both ways, etc. In a kind of "what do you know" tone, he asked me what time I did my swim in, I let him know, 32min at sea level and 36min at altitude (top 95th and 90th percentile accordingly). He damn near fell out of his chair and the other guy on his team talking with us just started laughing hysterically.

I was telling him this because Wifey and I decided that I should start training again, so once I get some base level I would be able to ride and swim if he wants a partner. Also, I would be a pretty good swim coach for him if he wants it, but nope.
let the fucker sink.