Quantcast

Sleep depravation monday GMT

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've been riding with this older North Face fanny pack thing for a few months, just on local short rides. It's great for proof of concept, but it doesn't really stay put very well and doesn't compress at all to keep from bouncing around. After riding with HAB this weekend, I had a look at his Evoc hip pack, it's pretty good. So I guess I'm going full Endurotard now, found a lightly used on on eBay for $50 shipped. Bam.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've been riding with this older North Face fanny pack thing for a few months, just on local short rides. It's great for proof of concept, but it doesn't really stay put very well and doesn't compress at all to keep from bouncing around. After riding with HAB this weekend, I had a look at his Evoc hip pack, it's pretty good. So I guess I'm going full Endurotard now, found a lightly used on on eBay for $50 shipped. Bam.
I've been riding with an Osprey hip pack for a while. One full bottle == good. Two full bottles = bouncy bouncy. Its lack of inside pockets or any sort of organization of stuff is a bit disappointing though.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've been riding with an Osprey hip pack for a while. One full bottle == good. Two full bottles = bouncy bouncy. Its lack of inside pockets or any sort of organization of stuff is a bit disappointing though.

I did do a bit of looking at other options, but being able to put my hands on one and strap it to my ass really helped sell me on the evoc. Also: low, wide bladder for carrying water. And also also I suspect that many rides I do, I'll just carry a bottle on the bike frame and only have a spartan kit of tools, tube, small pump, and a light jacket in the pack. Oh, and a beer... the evoc has a nice little side mesh pocket thing that's the perfect size for a can of IPA, shown below with super unnecessary bottle... I mean, the thing has a bladder in it. Why would you ALSO need a bottle?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I did do a bit of looking at other options, but being able to put my hands on one and strap it to my ass really helped sell me on the evoc. Also: low, wide bladder for carrying water. And also also I suspect that many rides I do, I'll just carry a bottle on the bike frame and only have a spartan kit of tools, tube, small pump, and a light jacket in the pack. Oh, and a beer... the evoc has a nice little side mesh pocket thing that's the perfect size for a can of IPA, shown below with super unnecessary bottle... I mean, the thing has a bladder in it. Why would you ALSO need a bottle?
the bottle’s for g&t...or is that the bladder?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
the bottle’s for g&t...or is that the bladder?
Yes.

Not that I'm making excuses for your bum bag, but water in the bladder, drink mix in the bottle?
I did think of this as well, that's what I keep in the bottle on the frame for big, long, hairy rides. Bum bag is probably Apex hot laps and other "in town" shenanigans... so that's defo a beer pocket. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know when you can see the lightning and can hear the storm coming, that you know you're going to be sleeping with a kid in your bed? I'm about 90% sure we're there. The storm heading our way does not look like it's going to be nice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You know when you can see the lightning and can hear the storm coming, that you know you're going to be sleeping with a kid in your bed? I'm about 90% sure we're there. The storm heading our way does not look like it's going to be nice.
Hasn’t hit the eastern plains yet. Mention of a storm reminded me to check dark sky for A-Basin... and currently the forecast is for about 6” of powder on Saturday. I just might be able to break away (with a proper 4wd vehicle) on Sunday. Hmmmmmmmmm

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Will be in sleep-deprivation mode to fly red-eye to Texas, starting around midnight, arriving around 12:30pm for work. Works better that way because then I'm all screwed up and can actually sleep the next night, vs. leaving in the morning and arriving around 6pm and then my body clock stays awake until 9-10pm AK time, which ends up being 12-1am TX time, screwing me up before I have to go and fly planes the next day. Bringing my bike.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hasn’t hit the eastern plains yet. Mention of a storm reminded me to check dark sky for A-Basin... and currently the forecast is for about 6” of powder on Saturday. I just might be able to break away (with a proper 4wd vehicle) on Sunday. Hmmmmmmmmm
Really weird passover. Tons of lightning, but mostly grumbling. Little bit of rain, but a 2-3min burst that was led in with pea sized hail first. Then dime for about 15 seconds, then no more precipitation. Fucking bizzare.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Not to mention, the place is pretty amazing to just walk through.
Yeah it's just a better option. On the other hand they use their bikes on roads so more space for me to run in a hurry on the crowded sidewalks.